Sitrep

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Jake-the-Snake
Ranger

Re: Sitrep

Post by Jake-the-Snake »

Week 6: We did breaching this week. Tuesday we did APFT improvement for PT. Then went and had some classes on mechanical and explosive breaching. Wednesday we built charges and blew doors up and did me mechanical breaching. Thursday we did the 5 mile run. I ran it in 33 minutes, we did ballistic and explosive breaching. Somebody blew a charge to soon so Thursday became a smoke fest. Friday we learned how to use the broco torch and quickie saw. We did our peer eval today also. Don't know the results yet but I know I did very well.
"Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the 1, 1 is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP, Jake. Keep up the good work and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Jake-the-Snake wrote: Friday we learned how to use the broco torch and quickie saw. We did our peer eval today also. Don't know the results yet but I know I did very well.
Broco is bad-ass, works underwater too. Good job little brother.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Jake-the-Snake
Ranger

Post by Jake-the-Snake »

Week 7: did our pt test Monday. Maxed out run and situps but did shitty on pushups. Only got 59. A lot of em weren't counted. So to all y'all guys coming in, remember to touch chest to the ground. Army standard ain't good enough. You have to touch your chest. But I still got the go. We did Marksmenship this week, I qualified in CQM. It was a real good week, the ruck failures did there re-test. They called all the guys who got peered bad and I wasn't called. Won't know where Im being sent or if I'm selected till next week. But I'm 100% sure I'm good. But I know there dropping guys like crazy. Can't do anything stupid last 2 weeks.
"Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the 1, 1 is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Don't get complacent. Confidence is a good thing over-confidence isn't.

Keep the attitude you're already displaying, stay humble and grounded and you'll be good.

Good job.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

rangertough wrote:Don't get complacent. Confidence is a good thing over-confidence isn't.

Keep the attitude you're already displaying, stay humble and grounded and you'll be good.

Good job.

Tough
Couldn't say it better, Jake. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Jake-the-Snake
Ranger

Post by Jake-the-Snake »

Week 8: Monday we did The RAW assessment which was pretty easy. Just abunch of test you would do for high school football. Then we went and did fast ropeing off the 60 ft tower, that was super fun. Tuesday we did the RPAT which smoked the shit out of me. And it was raining so that made rope climbing fun. Then we found out what battalions we were going to. Wednesday we did a trail run for PT and then got our berets, scrolls, and PTs. Thursday I don't remember what we did for PT but we did grad practice all day. Friday we graduated and I've been getting processed into my Batt and getting smoked and getting accustomed to the life of a tabless ranger private!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jake-the-Snake wrote:Week 8: Monday we did The RAW assessment which was pretty easy. Just abunch of test you would do for high school football. Then we went and did fast ropeing off the 60 ft tower, that was super fun. Tuesday we did the RPAT which smoked the shit out of me. And it was raining so that made rope climbing fun. Then we found out what battalions we were going to. Wednesday we did a trail run for PT and then got our berets, scrolls, and PTs. Thursday I don't remember what we did for PT but we did grad practice all day. Friday we graduated and I've been getting processed into my Batt and getting smoked and getting accustomed to the life of a tabless ranger private!
Jake, you have come long way in 17 months. I for one am very proud of you. Now the tough part begins. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

Jake,

Update your avatar. Go on the mentees thread and post some 'encouragement'. I'm proud of you Ranger; you've done something very few men will ever attempt, much less accomplish.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...

Return to “Letters from School”