Why should Americans own guns?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

fatboy
Ranger

Re: Why should Americans own guns?

Post by fatboy »

Statistically, I would hazard a guess that the areas with the strictest gun control laws
also have the most crime of all types.
I say that because laws only affect law abiding citizens. Criminals usually ignore the laws.
Kind of what makes them criminals in the first place. Look at cities like Chicago, Philadelphia, and New York
as examples of crime and draconian gun laws. Then look at the crime stats for an entire state like Vermont,
that has constitutional carry laws.
Any one else ever notice that?

Or has the whiskey finally rotted my brain? :D
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
Maggot275
Ranger

Post by Maggot275 »

Laws do not pertain to criminals, laws only effect the law abiding citizens not the lawless. Look at marijuana, oxycodone, cocaine, etc. The law states that I cannot have those in possession so I don't. (not that I would want to anyway) Our local LEO's did a series of raids just tonight and in a 10 hour period arrested 24 individuals 18 of which were dope related. They also confiscated some serious hardware from already convicted felons.

What stricter gun laws will do is turn law abiding citizens into outlawed citizens.
Attack CO 2/75 01/94-12/98
Ranger Class 08-95

I then asked the Lord: "Why was there only one set of footprints?"
He answered: "The terrain was beginning to constrict and our hit time was coming close. So I put us in a Ranger file."

VII
XXII
MMV
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

There are armed teachers in the schools in Utah. When was the last time you heard of any student being murdered in a school in Utah? Not just mass murder, but ANY murder?
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Yesterday I went to go get my concealed carry license. I had no idea what I'm doing, paperwork-wise, so I just wandered into the Sheriff's office. The first thing you see is several signs, taped to the door, in English and Spanish, saying that if you are here for a conceal carry permit you may not get one for about 20 days.

I walk through the door, and there are four windows. There are several signs in the lobby, directing conceal carry permit request to go to one single window, devoted just to that. At the window there are several signs taped to the glass that stated you may have to wait longer than 30 days to get an appointment due to the large amount of conceal carry requests.

There were seven people at the conceal carry window. There was no one at the "normal" windows. The women from the "normal" windows were all working around the conceal carry window, helping out.

I was given an appointment for mid March to get fingerprints and such, and then directed to an interview room, that was now the dedicated conceal carry room, to pick up the forms.

There is an awful lot of traffic for conceal carry permits.

Lets see... everyone is buying guns.

Everyone is buying ammunition.

Conceal carry permits are at a maximum.

You know, in battlefield prep this would be known as a major indicator.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

rgrokelley wrote:
You know, in battlefield prep this would be known as a major indicator.
People appear to be taking this seriously !
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Return to “The Mosh Pit”