Introduction- Tom C

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

kensongakusei
Ranger

Introduction- Tom C

Post by kensongakusei »

Hi Rangers,

My name is Tom C I am 24 years old. I have followed the forums here for a while, but this is my first post.

I graduated from West Chester University in the spring of 2011 with a B.S. degree in Exercise Science. For a while I worked as a personal trainer and Crossfit coach around the Philadelphia area. This was a great experience, as I got to directly help a lot of people change their lives for the better.

In June of this year I packed all my stuff into my small Ford Focus and moved down to Atlanta, GA to work for a former SEAL at his Crossfit gym. The coaching opportunity in itself was great, but I had finally found the teacher/mentor that I was searching for since I was 19. I learned a lot from my Coach (especially about life) and I very grateful for that experience.

The main reason why I moved to Atlanta was to pursue a BUD/s contract and this was a great opportunity to learn from a guy who had BTDT. The first day there, however, I met a guy who was a former Ranger. After talking to him for about 10 minutes I knew that being a Ranger was what I needed to do with my life.

I spent the next 4 months and talked to 10 different recruiters about obtaining a 40 option. The 10th recruiter finally said he could help me out and 4 trips to MEPs later I had my contract. I just signed and swore in on Nov 8th and ship out Feb 26th, 2013. My contract is 11b with a 40option attached. That was the easy part, but I know the journey will be worth the sacrifice.

Thank you to all the Rangers who have given their valuable time to make these forums what they are!

I am looking forward to sharing my journey with everyone on here, and I look forward to hearing about everyone else's journey toward their own goals.

-Tom C
2/75

"Fortune favors the prepared"
kensongakusei
Ranger

Re: Introduction- Tom C

Post by kensongakusei »

AFPT scores:

2 minutes max pushups- 76

2 minutes max situps- 68

2 mile run- 14:37
2/75

kensongakusei
Ranger

Post by kensongakusei »

Sorry, *APFT
2/75

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome. Glad to see you got an option 40. You have a lot to learn and you will be amazed at how quickly 26 Feb 2013 will get here. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Tom C.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
kensongakusei
Ranger

Post by kensongakusei »

Ranger Jim: Thank you for the welcome. Yes, I'm going to do my best to learn and prepare as much as I can before Feb 26th, but it will definitely be here fast. Currently I am reading the Ranger Handbook and "Sua Sponte: Forging of a Modern American Ranger" by: Dick Couch. Both have been helpful sources of information so far.

Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV: Thank you for the welcome to the site.
2/75

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re:kensongakusei

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome kensongakusei.

PM inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
kensongakusei
Ranger

Post by kensongakusei »

Thank you for the welcome Ranger Steadfast. I received your PM and will complete my tasks asap.
2/75

Return to “Introduction Archive”