Graduated 09-12

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
peterk
US Army

Graduated 09-12

Post by peterk »

Hello fellow Rangers and others on the forum. It's been a while since my last post but I'd like to say that I have completed part of my task and graduated RASP Class 09-12. It's been a long road and I still have PSOCM and SOCM to complete but today was a great victory. There was no feeling like getting to put on the tan beret and have my scroll placed on my bare left shoulder. Thank you for all the information put out on this site. For all the future RASP candidates it would be wise to soak in all the information on this site, it had helped me tremendously through the course. I would also suggest you seriously look inside yourself and discover if being a Ranger is the only thing you see yourself doing because there are many who like the idea of being a Ranger and a fewer number of those who want it enough to complete the tasks required to be one. Thank you again to all the Rangers who came before and those who take the time for this site. I'll leave future prospects with some words of advice on graduating RASP.

-Don't be a DIRTBAG. I repeat again: Don't be a dirtbag. My class lost 30+ people in the final week, some to PT test failure and a good majority to being DIRTBAGS. Peer evals can save you or sink you faster than you can ever believe.
-Be team players, individuals get singled out quick.
-Don't stick out the first 3 weeks, the cadre love playing a game and it ends when they make you quit.
-Never forget anything, this is especially a good way to get noticed especially if you're a repeat offender.
-Whatever your vice is, resist temptation to break the rules. Integrity violations aren't taken lightly.
-Work hard in everything you do because the cadre take notice.
-PT. PT. PT. If you are weak at running, I suggest you run until you don't suck at it anymore. I run 12:30 2 miles and still felt slow on some runs. The cadre take PT seriously. If you want to be the best you need to perform like the best.

That's all I can think of so far. Also a big question amongst candidates has always been boots. I suggest you all get used to the issues boots or buy some Belleville 390's because that's all you'll be wearing if you get the cadre I had. Other than that absorb all that you learn because it's all useful whether you make it through the program or not. So far the best training I have received from the army.

RLTW
"I submit to you that if a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live." Martin Luther King Jr.

RSTB
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Graduated 09-12

Post by Jim »

I'm very proud of you. You have been on the website for five years. You earned this, but now the tough part begins. Never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Congrats Ranger!
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Congrats, Ranger . . .learn as much as you can from the old timers there.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Congratulations Ranger.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Congratulations Ranger peterk.

I was looking over some of your old post & saw a reference to SF Leatherneck. Ranger Doc Cook & I know these are old names.
I will be sending you a Welcome packet soon. did you know Grim666 & StandSure, they graduated with you. Grim666 is also going to pre SCOM & SCOM.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
peterk
US Army

Post by peterk »

Thank you Ranger Steadfast. I am not sure who Grim666 is or StandSure but if I were given their last names I'm sure I know them seeing how theres only twenty of us in PSOCM right now. I know Grim666 was in my class so I am actually curious as to who it is.
"I submit to you that if a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live." Martin Luther King Jr.

RSTB

Return to “Letters from School”