Fresh Meat

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

91W
USAR

Fresh Meat

Post by 91W »

Ok I think I know the answer to this but, for humor's sake I gotta post this. I got a brand new EMT student today for his first clinical, more than likely last one with me. Typical conversations and he says he was a Ranger medic with two deployments to Iraq. So I question him over breakfast and found out the following: Ranger Medics are non combatants ordered to only fire their weapons in the ground as a warning. The Ranger Regiment medically retires medics who get a ruptured eardrum from an IED, and RIP is for new enlisted while RASP is for prior service.

I was ready to throw him out for the day but my day went to shit with a house fire. Ended up RSIing a smoke inhalation patient with airway burns. This kid did not know what Etomidate, Succs, Vec, or Versed was and their dosages. He did not know what capnography was or normal vent settings.

I have never worked with a Ranger Medic that had combat experience but, I assume they would be able to manage that pt without any prompting whatsoever. Anyone close to Fort Wayne PM me and I'll give you his name and find out when his class times are for a visit. He will be banned from here for anymore clinicals. I have to play it safe because of standards of behavior I have to follow.
"If you cannot accomplish great things, Accomplish small things in a great way"

"A Goal is a dream with a deadline"

USAR 1995-2005
OIF 2004-2005
91W
NREMT
goon175
Ranger

Re: Fresh Meat

Post by goon175 »

does not sound like a Ranger medic at all. Not one bit. All Ranger medics are SOCM grads, and are very capable individuals, both medically and tactically. "non combatants" ..... give me a fucking break.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
91W
USAR

Post by 91W »

I finally confronted him and he would not get off of it at all. He was saved by the tone dropping for another run. I am not finished, he is in the class my brother is teaching so I will be visiting him this week in class...

USAR 1995-2005
OIF 2004-2005
91W
NREMT
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

As usual, I agree with Ranger Goon (as usual). I think you have a poser.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

100% poser.

Ranger Medics can fix up just about anything short of quadruple bypass, and I'd still give them leeway on that one, they'd find a way to do it.

And firing into the ground non combatants? Smack this kid for me too. Ranger Medics would and could dispatch any armed enemy with a broken MRE spoon if they had too, especially if their wounded were being threatened with more harm.

This kids a clown.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Torro1/75
Inprocessing

Post by Torro1/75 »

although my mos was 11b2v8d when I was in 1/75 I am now a physician and I find it improbable that a Ranger medic would not know the goto drugs for rapid sequence induction to secure an airway. as was previously stated a Ranger medic cannot be a "non-combatant." Get a rope!
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Torro1/75 wrote:although my mos was 11b2v8d when I was in 1/75 I am now a physician and I find it improbable that a Ranger medic would not know the goto drugs for rapid sequence induction to secure an airway. as was previously stated a Ranger medic cannot be a "non-combatant." Get a rope!
What ASI is 8d? My Google-fu is weak.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

rangertough wrote:
Torro1/75 wrote:although my mos was 11b2v8d when I was in 1/75 I am now a physician and I find it improbable that a Ranger medic would not know the goto drugs for rapid sequence induction to secure an airway. as was previously stated a Ranger medic cannot be a "non-combatant." Get a rope!

Tough
Though it probably wasn't during his time of service...the current 8D is funny. "midwifery" Table 1-16 AR 600-3
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

IEDmagnet wrote:Though it probably wasn't during his time of service...the current 8D is funny. "midwifery" Table 1-16 AR 600-3
Once again, "you can't make this shit up."
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

IEDmagnet wrote:
rangertough wrote:

Tough
Though it probably wasn't during his time of service...the current 8D is funny. "midwifery" Table 1-16 AR 600-3
For humans or animals?

Tough
Rangertough
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Appears to be for humans.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Huh, who knew? Can't help but think that's an ASI that should go away.

Tough
Rangertough
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Dude is completely, totally, fully, unequivocally full of shit! Even in the pre-SOCM days they wanted us to know how to to rapid sequence intubation. I'll give him the vecuronium, because that one they wouldn't carry or have access to. The others, however, he should know like the back of his hand. If we didn't know them we got to learn the backs of our hands.. from doing lots and lots of push ups. Non-Combatant?.. Firing weapon into ground??!!.. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!!!.. Is he for REAL???... I distinctly remember being told every swinging dick in the Regiment was a shooter first and foremost, and we were to shoot everybody TWICE...

Before you see him again, have your brother find out what Batt he says he was in. From there you can show up and ask him some specific names from each that he should know. People like Chief Donovan or James Markwell from 1st.

That would give you the mortal lock..

Fucking Twat!..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
91W
USAR

Post by 91W »

The Sleepy Doc wrote:Dude is completely, totally, fully, unequivocally full of shit! Even in the pre-SOCM days they wanted us to know how to to rapid sequence intubation. I'll give him the vecuronium, because that one they wouldn't carry or have access to. The others, however, he should know like the back of his hand. If we didn't know them we got to learn the backs of our hands.. from doing lots and lots of push ups. Non-Combatant?.. Firing weapon into ground??!!.. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!!!.. Is he for REAL???... I distinctly remember being told every swinging dick in the Regiment was a shooter first and foremost, and we were to shoot everybody TWICE...

Before you see him again, have your brother find out what Batt he says he was in. From there you can show up and ask him some specific names from each that he should know. People like Chief Donovan or James Markwell from 1st.

That would give you the mortal lock..

Fucking Twat!..
2nd Batt 2006-2009. It is getting better after not being allowed to shoot anyone the first time around he went to sniper school.

4 years in and a Ranger Medic and now a Sniper also. Class is tonight with some asshole Paramedic that is going to fill in teaching. I think the lecture will be on clinicals as job interviews and shattered dreams.

USAR 1995-2005
OIF 2004-2005
91W
NREMT
Torro1/75
Inprocessing

Post by Torro1/75 »

Tough, I meant 11b2v8w. must have been to irritated with posers story to type strait. Torro

Return to “The Mosh Pit”