Introduction - Rudy

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Aranikus
Egg

Introduction - Rudy

Post by Aranikus »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Rudy. I am here taking the initiative to both plan my future career in the Army and to seek mentorship and guidance from those who have walked the path before me. I do not believe that I am special in anyway; however, I go to great lengths to ensure that everything I do is exceptional. It is because of this attribute that I strive my utmost to perform at my peak capacity, and push it even further. I aspire to lead the way, to earn the Tan Beret and re-earn it every single day.

A little about me.

I am 23 years old, and a graduate of BYU. I will be reporting to Fort Jackson for Basic Combat Training in a few weeks. I have qualified for and enlisted as a 35P - Cryptologic Linguist. I speak Russian and Spanish in addition to English. I have worked for the Department of Defense, Homeland Security, and State Department. I wish to serve my country as a soldier, and to protect it from all those who seek to deprive us of our hard-earned freedom and democracy. I push myself intellectually, mentally, and physically as I prepare to embark on this journey.

My proclivity for language and keen interest in the intelligence field led me directly to the 35P mos. I devoted a month of hard work and study and as a result scored extremely well on both my asvab and dlab. It was my goal to enlist with an Option 40, but was advised that it might take some time before it became available, and that even then, the few available slots got snatched up very quickly. Unfortunately, both Option 40 and Airborne were not available the day that I enlisted.

Given my score and current language skills, I hope to be assigned a CAT IV language at DLI where I will spend 18 months studying my assigned language. After that my AIT at Longfellow AFB will be 3-5 months long. I realize that RASP and Ranger School lay far down the road for me, but I am trying to get squared away as soon as possible so that I can be prepared as best I can when the day comes that I can volunteer for a chance at joining the 75th Ranger Regiment.

I thank you for the wealth of knowledge you provide on this site, your candid and direct feedback, and the overall quality of the content and design of the site. I am grateful it exists, and that I and my fellow future soldiers can benefit from technology in many ways that those who have gone before us did not.

If any Rangers with intelligence backgrounds are able to post any comments, insights, advice, it would be very appreciated. The same goes for any and all advice from current or former Rangers.

Respectfully,

Rudy
Aranikus
Egg

Re: Introduction - Rudy

Post by Aranikus »

Just glanced over my post again and noticed an error - I meant Goodfellow AFB, not Longfellow. Sorry!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Rudy

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Rudy. There are 35P slots in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Earn one!

https://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75t ... uiting.htm
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”