Introduction - Joseph

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

man_on_mission40
Embryo

Introduction - Joseph

Post by man_on_mission40 »

Dear Rangers,

My sincerest apologies to all the Rangers on this site for not heeding the SOP and posting in another forum before formally introducing myself. I am 36 years old and work as a freelance Thai-English/English-Thai translator/interpreter. My post-secondary educational background includes 3 years of undergraduate study at a university in Bangkok, Thailand, and although I did not graduate, I have worked as a linguist both privately on a contract basis and full time for various organizations for the better part of the last 10 years. I am prior service USMC, but was discharged due to injury (micro-tears in my rotator cuff - rehabbed) while still in MOS school. I am reluctant to call myself a veteran out of respect for my brothers (in all branches) who are still out there fighting the good fight. Simply, I am here because I want to be a Ranger. Unfortunately, I came to this realization rather late in life and have some obvious questions/concerns regarding policies towards prior service and the necessity of obtaining an age waiver. My fitness level is high and I have heart for days - I won't stop until I see "40" on my contract or a recruiter gives me a definitive "ain't happening, stop dreaming grandpa". Thank you Rangers for your service, sacrifice, and for maintaining this forum.

With the utmost respect,

Joseph
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Joseph

Post by Jim »

Welcome. Please self-administer a PT test and post the results on this thread. The oidest Ranger School graduate was (at the time) a Colonel in the Virginia ARNG. He went on to command the 29th Infantry Division.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome. Please self-administer a PT test and post the results on this thread. The oidest Ranger School graduate was (at the time) a Colonel in the Virginia ARNG. He went on to command the 29th Infantry Division.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Almost a Jarhead.

excerpt of man_on_mission40
rehabbed) while still in MOS school. I am reluctant to call myself a veteran
On this site we do not consider an enlistee a Soldier until he/she completes their MOS training. Thats why a introduction is necessary. However I personally do not know the answer if you are (considered) prior service in the Military's eyes. Perhaps some one else can answer your questions better than me.

Thanks for the intro.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
man_on_mission40
Embryo

Post by man_on_mission40 »

Thank you Rangers Jim and Steadfast for your prompt replies. In terms of PT scores, I will post my preliminary numbers and will self administer a PT test ASAP:

sit-ups - 100
pull-ups (palms out) - 15-20
push-ups - 75-80
3 mile run - 18:00-19:00

***These numbers have remained fairly consistent for the last little while now, are without intensive training, and do not reflect an actual PFT. However, I am presently researching and will be implementing a regimen geared solely towards RASP, which I will stick to for the next 4-5 months before shipping (that is if I can secure an option 40).

Again, thank you Rangers for your service and help in guiding me towards my goal.

Return to “Introduction Archive”