Introduction - Mike

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Vyce
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Mike

Post by Vyce »

First off,

Ranger Jim, I'd like to reiterate how much of a pleasure it was to finally get to speak with you. You have a wealth of experience and I am thankful for your outreach. I'm looking forward to a talk in the future!

Joel, I'm going to send you a PM, as I have some spare time, about my experience with recruiters....pretty much spells it out.

Finals week is upon me, and there I was thinking senior year was going to be a walk in the park....oh how wrong was I...

-Vyce/Mike
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Vyce wrote:First off,

Ranger Jim, I'd like to reiterate how much of a pleasure it was to finally get to speak with you. You have a wealth of experience and I am thankful for your outreach. I'm looking forward to a talk in the future!

Joel, I'm going to send you a PM, as I have some spare time, about my experience with recruiters....pretty much spells it out.

Finals week is upon me, and there I was thinking senior year was going to be a walk in the park....oh how wrong was I...

-Vyce/Mike
Welcome to being a product of a Jesuit education. Mike you will do just fine. You can earn this. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Vyce
Ranger

Introduction - Mike

Post by Vyce »

Rangers,

My ex wrestling teammate, who was a Marine Scout Sniper, just volunteered to teach me how to shoot and land nav over the summer. This is definitely a huge opportunity that I will not be letting slip by. I can't wait to get to work!

-Mike
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Vyce wrote:Rangers,

My ex wrestling teammate, who was a Marine Scout Sniper, just volunteered to teach me how to shoot and land nav over the summer. This is definitely a huge opportunity that I will not be letting slip by. I can't wait to get to work!

-Mike
Please do not neglect the tasks assigned by Ranger Goldcoast, Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Vyce
Ranger

Post by Vyce »

Jim wrote:
Vyce wrote:Rangers,

-Mike
Please do not neglect the tasks assigned by Ranger Goldcoast, Never, never quit!

Ranger Jim,

I would never neglect his tasks. The thought had never crossed my mind. I take it as a blessing that I have so many people helping me achieve this goal and the more information and preparation I can acquire, the better. He ETS'd 11 months ago, was a graduate of SERE School, a firearms instructor in the military (not too sure on the specificity), and was a team leader for a squad in his battalion's sniper platoon. He knows shooting and practical land nav extremely well, and I will learn as much as I possibly can from him, as well as Ranger GoldCoast.

I looked up "quit" in the dictionary just to be sure I knew what you meant, it is not part of my vocabulary!

Just got back from a nice 5-mile run in 36:18, I wasn't tired enough, next one will be faster.

1 day closer.

-Mike
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I got your PM and answered it.
Vyce
Ranger

Post by Vyce »

Jim wrote:I got your PM and answered it.
Ranger Jim,

Thats odd, I answered it immediately and it said it had sent. That's the second time I've had PM troubles. I resent it. Hope it works this time.

Thanks Again.

-Mike
Vyce
Ranger

Post by Vyce »

Rangers,

I figure it is about time for a quick SITREP:

I graduated on Sunday, May 27th with my B.S. in Psychology. I am now moving back in with my parents until my ship date and will continue to train there until then. Getting myself situated to begin "real life" is getting me more excited to embark on what is in front of me. I can't wait to pick up the pace.

-Mike
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP. Stay in touch and involved. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Vyce
Ranger

Post by Vyce »

Rangers,

I believe a SITREP is in order:

I have recently conducted an APFT. The pushup and sit-up judge was an active duty Marine.
2mi- 12:55
PU: 96
SU: 94

I have had a faster run time. My PR is 12:32, but, that doesn't matter. The PU's and SU's seem to be at a plateau that I am currently working on breaking through.

My PT routine consists of waking at 0545. Four or five days a week contain a 3-6 mile run @0630hrs. I then proceed to either go to work, read, or take care of household errands. At 1400hrs, I hit the gym for an intense, 1:15-2:00 session of weight training, circuit training, or wrestling at my old wrestling club. I am range in weight from 175-181, but feel as though I need to start bringing it down to the 175 range, as it would probably speed up my run times. (I am 5'10", by the way.)

In other news, I have started to read "The Battle of Mogadishu: Firsthand Accounts from the Men of Task Force Ranger", edited by Ranger Matt Eversmann and Ranger Dan Schilling. I have just finished Ranger Eversmann's account and, wow, I cannot put into words my reaction. All I know is, what I am trying to do isn't about me, and will never be about me. My sweat and grimaces in the gym and on the track are gone, it's business time. My "pain" and "fatigue" don't matter to me anymore, I really have no understanding as to what those words really mean.

Excited to progress further...

-Vyce/Mike
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ranger Matt Eversmann is a living example of what a Ranger NCO ought to be. Good people! Good reading choice, Mike. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Vyce
Ranger

Post by Vyce »

Roger Ranger Jim. Can't wait to read more.
Vyce
Ranger

Post by Vyce »

Rangers,

I suppose it is about time for a proper SITREP. It's been a while since I have posted one, however it is not reflective of my prep thus far. I have been training very hard, however, I am making sure that I stay healthy and ready for The Show. My unofficial, most recent APFT is 95 PU, 97 SU, and a 12:36 2mi. My most recent 5-miler was 36:13, and my last self-graded pull-up test was 21. I have roughly 10 weeks before I leave, if I could leave sooner I would, as the anticipation is a killer right now. The Ranger Creed is stuck in my head, and I have caught myself going through it more than once when on the track or at the gym. Focus is the word.

That, more or less, sums up what's been going on. Other than working for my father a few days a week, its been pretty 1-track on my end. Earning the Scroll and Tan Beret.

-Vyce
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Excellent SITREP. Mike, I admire your efforts. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introduction Archive”