New AF guy on the block

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

AirZoomy

New AF guy on the block

Post by AirZoomy »

Hello all,

Just thought I would post a few questions up on the boards on "how to cross-train over to the Army and getting a slot in RIP." I've already cruised through most of the forum subtopics and have to say GREAT FORUM, it's good to see a lot of die hard rangers devoting their time to answering questions by guys like me.

Thanks and keep up the admirable work.
Airman D
But if it be a sin to covet honour, I am the most offending soul alive.
Henry IV
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Hey there Zoomy - How goes it at Scott? Are you in the AF now, or a dependent?
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the board, Zoomy.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
AirZoomy

Glad to be here

Post by AirZoomy »

Everything is going really cool over here at Scott right now. I'm coming up on 1 yr TOS so I'm beginning to get a feel for my first duty station.

I guess the last sentence probably answers your question, Neves, yes I am active duty Air Force ,HOOAH! :twisted:, and loving it. 8) See you around in the forum.

P.S. Is it ok for me to chastise a DEPer like you guys do? I don't want to be stepping on anyone's toes. :lol:
Henry IV
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

You've got to get a license for that. Talk to RANGER Saltbitch about it - it's his turn to issue one.

Maybe if you told us what you did in the USAF it would help your case. :lol:
AirZoomy

Post by AirZoomy »

Naww, I don't think I want to rip into these DEPers. I've got nothing to show for credibility against them as far as Ranger knowledge. I am a comm airman who is seeking questions about how to become one of the elite. I'll keep my entries in the forum to questions only....give or take the occasional rant. 8) Thanks for the offer :)
Henry IV
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Good call on your part.

BTW - it was more of a setup than an offer. What you were really asking for, was some sort of permission to insult people who in many of our opinions are no better or worse than yourself. You were out of line. You were asking to enter the kill zone of an ambush and if you'd have been stupid enough to proceed any further, you'd have been mowed down in short order.

The DEPs and Wannabees who come to this site looking for good information and insights into how to acheive success in their lives, by taking a path that all those who have the title 'Ranger' by their name have taken, have just as much of an invitation to be here as our guests as you do. And if you think that just because you've made it to your first USAF duty station that you are our equal, that is a mistake on your part. If you wish to stay on this site as a member, you will kindly address myself and anyone else who has the title 'Ranger' where their name appears by that title, which they have certainly EARNED.

It's refreshing to see that you realized your mistake of your own accord. If you keep your head out, you may be allowed to stay here long enough to learn a few things about what it takes to go down that path yourself.

Good luck. You probably will need it.
Bell

Post by Bell »

AirZoomy wrote: 8) Thanks for the offer :)
Wasn't an offer.

RLTW
Bell
AirZoomy

Post by AirZoomy »

Good catch! Sorry for the disrespect on your part RANGER Neves. I'll watch what I say from now on.

:oops:
Airman D
Henry IV

Return to “Introduction Archive”