Re-Introduction Damien

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Dc22x
Future Soldier Mod/ Opt40

Re-Introduction Damien

Post by Dc22x »

Rangers,

My name is Damien I'm 19, live in Ohio and I joined this site back in 2010 after I enlisted and received my 11x option 40 contract. A lot has happened since then, I shipped to basic training in June of 2011 and was two weeks in when I received a red cross message. My father had passed away, I was granted emergency leave to come home and attend the funeral. When I returned to Ft.Benning myself and my Drill Sergeants though a discharge would be the best option due to the fact that my family needed me at home. I was hoping that my dream could still come true and I would one day become a Ranger. When I went to re-enlist I made sure I had the letters my Company Commander and CSM had wrote for me stating I wasn't a shitbag and should be allowed to re-enlist. Unfortunately that wasn't the case as I was considered prior service and my only option was 18x. I re-enlisted last Thursday with an 18x contract and ship in November. I am very excited to still have the opportunity to serve my country and be apart of another elite brotherhood such as the Green Berets. My pt was already maxed out at 300 when I left and I continued to stay in great shape while I was home. I look forward to continuing to learn as much as I can from the Rangers on this site. I'd also like to thank Ranger Slowpoke for being my mentor before I left for basic. I have learned a lot from him and I will definitely be able to carry his words with me as I make my way through the Special Forces pipeline. Now it is time to sit back read and learn as much as I can to prepare myself mentally and physically. Thank you all for sharing and helping young men such as myself be as prepared as we can be before we ship.

Thanks,
Damien
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Re-Introduction Damien

Post by Jim »

Welcome back...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re-Introduction Damien

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Sorry for your loss. Be the young man that your father would want you to be, that will be the best way to honor him.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Dc22x

Post by Dc22x »

Thank you Ranger Jim and Ranger Charlie. My dad knew it was my dream to serve my country I need no more motivation than that to make him proud and never quit!

Damien
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Welcome back my friend.

If any of you Rangers that went over to the 18 Series Dark Side would like a serious, motivated, intelligent Mentee....this is the one, and he's a stud physicly. I can't help anymore because I have absolutely no knowledge of what the Special Forces pipeline entails. Someone with an SF background needs to pick this young man up to Mentor!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

18X, 22J, 79W, 54C... THe MOS doesn't matter. You are volunteering to do something most won't; To serve you Nation. Just do it honorably. That is all that can be asked of a person. Thanks for stepping up
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Dc22x

Post by Dc22x »

Lunch wrote:Sorry to learn of your loss Damien. I salute your committment to your family and our country. If we don't have some more recent SF available to help you out, I will do what I can.
Ranger Lunch, Thank you very much, Any help or advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I am currently reading a book called "Get Selected" and it contains a lot of good information and advice.

Thanks,
Damien
Dc22x

Post by Dc22x »

Lunch wrote:
Dc22x wrote:
Lunch wrote:Sorry to learn of your loss Damien. I salute your committment to your family and our country. If we don't have some more recent SF available to help you out, I will do what I can.
Ranger Lunch, Thank you very much, Any help or advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I am currently reading a book called "Get Selected" and it contains a lot of good information and advice.

Thanks,
Damien
Roger that, I'll catch up with you later this evening or tomorrow via PM.
Ranger Lunch,

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

Damien

Return to “Introduction Archive”