Other Routes into the 75th.

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Other Routes into the 75th.

Post by Jim »

UnholyInfidel wrote:At Ft Sam now waiting in reception for the next class to open up for 68w. Basic got changed I benning which I wanted anyhow. Did good and got the PT award and maxed all 3 PT tests. Still trying to get to rasp. Got to submit a packet to MSG Montgomery now, can I do this at reception or do I have to wait till I'm actually in AIT?
I don't know the answer. But I'm pleased you are getting trained. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Outstanding. You are now a known entity. Do not slack at Ft Sam or get distracted. The medic training at SOCM is far more academic and challenging than anything you'll do at Sam - excell academicaly and do not fail a single practical exam!
Keep your eyes on the long range target.
68W is always short in Regiment. If you're good, you'll get your tryout.

I'm too far removed to advise you about when to contact the Ranger Liaison, but I suspect that sooner is better than later, due to the time it takes to get orders cut, match you to a slot and all that.

There's another member here about to embark on the same road as you--68W & excellence in order to earn his way to RASP. Please post as you go along so that others may learn.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
UnholyInfidel
Embryo

Post by UnholyInfidel »

Roger Ranger Ingraham. My drill sergeant called MSG Montgomery himself on my behalf. 68w cant get their contracts till Ft Sam AIT currently. Probably something about your EMT scores cause SOCM is intense. Wish I had more info from a platoon sergeant on getting rasp from AIT but right before our class started I managed to get myself double inguinal hernias and so I'm chilling on con leave at home
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Having now been operated on 4 times for ingiimal hernias. I feel your pain. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
UnholyInfidel
Embryo

Post by UnholyInfidel »

Ranger Jim any advice on recovery? I want to know when i can go hard again. I can do a couple situps but they are painful, it's been 3 weeks since the laporoscopic surgery on 2 inguinal hernias. My pushups and running are still good. I got roughly 3 weeks till my scheduled class begins and I want to maintain my 300's per usual to give me a better chance on a rasp contract. Word is that the ranger recruiter comes out on pt test day from ft hood to ft Sam and watches us and hands the contracts out. Currently I can't do more than 10 situps. Very frustrating coming from
Maxing every pt test at benning. You think the recruiter will help me out even though currently
My pt sucks cause of some holes in my abs. Very unfortunate timing

Return to “Recruitment Process”