Introduction for RescueGunner

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

RescueGunner
Egg

Introduction for RescueGunner

Post by RescueGunner »

Good afternoon, Rangers.

I served two enlistments on active duty in the USAF from 5 Feb 2002 - 19 Apr 2011. I was an Aeromedical Tech (4F0X1), Med Tech on an Ambulance Service (4N0X1), and an Aerial Gunner (1A7X1). My most recent assignment was to the 66th Rescue Squadron on Nellis AFB flying HH-60Gs. My wife is also active duty AF and is the IDMT (4N0X1C) for the 58th Rescue Squadron on Nellis AFB. I currently bide my time working at my buddy's gun store. I separated from the AF so I could attend med school but need to wait until we PCS before I can start applications. I'm hoping to come back on active duty after I graduate and continue working on my retirement while I let the military get some use out of the education it paid for. I'd like to either get back into the CSAR community or switch branches altogether.

I joined your site to hopefully vet a fellow co-worker of mine. My buddy owns a very large gun store in North Las Vegas and the majority of the employees are either active duty, reserves, veterans, or spouses of the former. We all knew each other on active duty before we started working there and didn't have a reason to question each other's service. We brought a new guy on board around February who claims to be a Ranger, Sniper, states he was a RI, etc. A lot of the claims just aren't adding up with what I've seen while on active duty. He served in the Army recently as a SPC; that's the most we can confirm is true. I don't want to shit on his service unnecessarily, but I'd like to know if he was ever a Ranger. If someone can please help me with this, let me know and I'll send you his info. Thanks.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction for RescueGunner

Post by Jim »

Welcome...

A few questions that might help a lot:
1. What unit was he assigned to?
2. What timeframe?
3. Deployments?
4. Ranger Class?
5. Name?
6. Why are you interested?