Introduction-drastic

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

drastic
Embryo

Introduction-drastic

Post by drastic »

Hello, My name is drastic. I am 24 years old and am a senior in college currently going through the enlistment process at my local recruiting station. I hope to get an opt40 attached to 35f/m mos. If i am not fortunate enough to get it, I'll bust my ass at basic and AIT and volunteer. Hope to be apart of the elite someday.

* * Intro edited by Steadfast * *
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-drastic

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome drastic, you've come to the right place.

There is much for you to read, learn & reflect that will help you on your journey. Your p.t. preparartion will help you down the road.

Tell us what your 2-2in 2 (push up,sit-ups, (in 2 minutes) & # pull-ups.

Post them here by Fri., 23 March, 2012 sometime during the day.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
drastic
Embryo

Post by drastic »

Steadfast wrote:Welcome drastic, you've come to the right place.

There is much for you to read, learn & reflect that will help you on your journey. Your p.t. preparartion will help you down the road.

Ranger Steadfast,

I have started reading a lot of the info topics that will help with preparing for my entry into the army. I come from a civilian family with no military background so I am preparing myself for the culture shock I will be receiving at BCT.

I will make sure to post those numbers up on Friday. For the past 2 years I've been working my way up in muscle mass. I was 135lb 6ft, extremely underweight. I am now up to 175 hoping to add some more weight/strength to my frame. I am on a powerlifting regimen, any suggestions on what I should add would be greatly appreciated.

I will also be attending MEPs on the 27th-28th for phys only. I will be holding out till i can obtain an option 40. I have my mind set on it and wont relent till I get it.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

drastic wrote:

Ranger Steadfast,

I have started reading a lot of the info topics that will help with preparing for my entry into the army. I come from a civilian family with no military background so I am preparing myself for the culture shock I will be receiving at BCT.

I will make sure to post those numbers up on Friday. For the past 2 years I've been working my way up in muscle mass. I was 135lb 6ft, extremely underweight. I am now up to 175 hoping to add some more weight/strength to my frame. I am on a powerlifting regimen, any suggestions on what I should add would be greatly appreciated.

I will also be attending MEPs on the 27th-28th for phys only. I will be holding out till i can obtain an option 40. I have my mind set on it and wont relent till I get it.
I deleted your double post drastic. However when I view this topic from outside I do not see your post after mine until I enter this topic. So apparently it just a visual snafu.

I noticed how light you were 2 years ago. I, myself weighed only 145lb at 6'2" in Vietnam. I think it would be important to get your p.t. numbers up more so than your weight. Head over to Army Physical Training forum. There are many topics by Rangers, physical programs that will assist you in abilities that you would need to complete RASP & graduate.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
drastic
Embryo

Post by drastic »

Steadfast wrote:
drastic wrote:

Ranger Steadfast,

I deleted your double post drastic. However when I view this topic from outside I do not see your post after mine until I enter this topic. So apparently it just a visual snafu.

I noticed how light you were 2 years ago. I, myself weighed only 145lb at 6'2" in Vietnam. I think it would be important to get your p.t. numbers up more so than your weight. Head over to Army Physical Training forum. There are many topics by Rangers, physical programs that will assist you in abilities that you would need to complete RASP & graduate.
Ranger Steadfast,

heading over to that forum right now and checking out some programs!

I decided to do some bodyweight pull up and push ups since I usually only do weighted sets, I was able to do 20 deadhang chin ups and 73 push ups in 2min.

I will be doing a full PT on thursday and posting up all the numbers.
drastic
Embryo

Post by drastic »

Rangers,

I administered a self pt test today with the following results;
Push ups: 72 in 2 minutes
Sit ups: 55 in 2 minutes
2 mile run: 15:29
1 mile: 7:08

I gassed out the 2nd mile so I have some work to do. I'll report back the same time each week with updated results. My quest starts now.
drastic
Embryo

Post by drastic »

I forgot to add that I did 20 chin ups
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Introduction-drastic

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium