Wisconsin town plagued by mysterious booming noises

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Wisconsin town plagued by mysterious booming noises

Post by Flesh Thorn »

CLINTONVILLE, Wis. – Bemused curiosity is turning into worry and aggravation for families in a small Wisconsin town longing for peace and quiet after three nights of mysterious booming noises that have sent some residents into the streets -- sometimes still in their pajamas.
The strange disturbance sounds like distant thunder, fireworks or someone slamming a heavy door. At first, many people were amused. But after a third restless night Tuesday into Wednesday, exasperation is mounting. And some folks are considering leaving town until investigators determine the source of the racket.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/21/my ... z1pr4yD19g
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
colt1rgr
Ranger

Re: Wisconsin town plagued by mysterious booming noises

Post by colt1rgr »

I was surprised to see FOX reporting on this this morning as Clintonville is not the only place this has been occurring. Quick Google search you will see this is pretty expansive and of course the conspiracy theorists have everything out there from "Fracking" to the US Gubment "building underground bunkers for the Apocalypse" as the source.

Have to admit it has my curiousity up. :? :?:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

I read this in the "Comments" from the WSJ article this morning -

WSJ EDITOR: Joe, I want you to go to small town wisconsin and cover the bang in the night story. We need this yesterday, so get moving.
JOE BARRETT: Who do you think I am, George Noory?!
WSJ EDITOR: And be sure to take a photo of the hot girl in town, or from the next town over
JOE BARRETT: Who do you think I am, Ansel Adams?!
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Either hysteria or the sound of the founding fathers turning over in their graves ............
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Flesh Thorn wrote:Either hysteria or the sound of the founding fathers turning over in their graves ............
BINGO!!!! :roll: :lol:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”