Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Teejay
Egg

Intro

Post by Teejay »

Greetings Rangers!

My name is Terry. I'm not a Ranger, nor have been. I am prior service. I was in the Army in '92. Went through Basic and got a medical discharge while I was in AIT. Damned flat feet! The main reason I've signed up to the forum is I'm trying to research some of the units that my father was in during his career. He was a Supply Sergeant who was attached to a Ranger unit in Germany in the 80's. He was not a Ranger grad, just worked the supply room and possibly the armory. I know it's not much to go on, but if you PM me I can provide his name and rank at that time. Thanks guys for all you've done and all you continue to do to keep this country free!
The hardest salute I've ever done was while they played Taps for my dad.
Teejay
Egg

Re: Intro

Post by Teejay »

Sorry. Ended up with a double intro. Could a mod or admin please delete this one? Again, my apologies.
The hardest salute I've ever done was while they played Taps for my dad.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Welcome.
There were no Ranger units stationed in Germany after the WW2 2d and 5th Battalions demobilised in 1945.
Elements of the modern 75th Ranger Regiment have participated in NATO exercises from time to time since 1977 or '78.

Long-range recon elements have come & gone over the years in postwar Germany under various designations like LRP or LRS with assorted regimental and branch affiliations but none designated as 'ranger'.

Good luck with your further research.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Welcome.

I too have flat feet. In 1965 I was invited to enlist in the Army by a California Youth Authority Judge. I told the Docs at the Induction Station that I had flat feet and the responce was.....You walked in here didn't you?
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn

Return to “Introduction Archive”