Army vs Navy Game

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Army vs Navy Game

Post by Ranger »

Fierce rivals Army-Navy bring roar to new gridiron

By Rob McIlvaine

WASHINGTON (Army News Service, Dec. 6, 2011) - The Army Black Knights and the Navy Midshipmen, one of the fiercest rivalries in all of college sports, will rumble on to FedEx Field Dec. 10 at 2:30 p.m., as CBS cameras roll on every detail.

This is the first time they've met in the Washington, D.C., area, making it the 16th venue to host the event.

"While we will be the fiercest of rivals on Saturday, it's a great rivalry because ultimately it's founded on respect. We respect one another at the institutional level and the individual level," said U.S. Military Academy Head Coach Rich Ellerson.

"The reason we play football at these academies is because of the journey. It's a valued experience for our graduates. They take those lessons out into the field and they make them work for our country, completely different than anyplace else in the world and some of the things we had to overcome, some of the things we had to deal with, we did and you can see it on Saturdays, though you don't necessarily see it on the scoreboard.

"But we watched these guys compete all year, they didn't let the scoreboard talk them out of it. We fought, we stayed together, and we're better. You'll see two better football teams play next Saturday than you've seen all year, and that's something to look forward to," Ellerson said.

Read More
DO NOT PM ME
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Army vs Navy Game

Post by IEDmagnet »

Go Army!!!!
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
colt1rgr
Ranger

Re: Army vs Navy Game

Post by colt1rgr »

Gee............. I wonder if the Regimental Commander and his entire staff will fly up there on the taxpayers dime and stand on the sidelines in Berets and jump boots? Oh, snap! Jackson is retired isn't he? Gettin' old. :?

That being said "GO ARMY..... BEAT NAVY!"
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

I never got the fascination for this, except for officer's who went to those two schools. However, I have a couple of my former cadets in the Naval Academy right now. They tell me that if Navy wins the game, the Naval Academy cadets get a pass. Otherwise they are stuck in the Academy walking around in circles for hours.

With that sort of indoctrination, I figure after you get commissioned it still makes you drool a little when they ring that bell.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
RagNar3/75
Ranger

Post by RagNar3/75 »

Oh...Do you mean the Regimental Commander and his staff in their PRIVATE JET that they have? Yeah that is highly likely. (So much for sleeping on the floor of a C-17 or C-130 to get where you need to)
Bravo Company 3/75
2005-2010
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Just as viewing the current Ranger Regiment parade/pass-in-review would make any citizen proud to be a taxpayer at that moment, attendance at the annual Army/Navy football game is a live event that would excite, entertain and imbue a renewed sense of pride not just in the combatants on the field of play but also in the Cadets and Middies who rabble-rouse on the sidelines. If you have not yet attended a live game, put it on your short bucket list as a must do. Then, after you have attended the game in person, you will have a much greater appreciation of its import.

Beat Navy!

It will be awfully gray at USMA if they once again lose---gray uniforms, gray sky, gray buildings and gray, gloomy attitudes...especially for the Plebes!
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur

Return to “The News Dump”