Workout formula I created works great!

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
glocky45
Ranger

Workout formula I created works great!

Post by glocky45 »

Max #of reps in 2mins= x
Training total volume per workout= y

y=2(x+25)

2x=y-50

Example: I did 80 pushups in 2mins, so plug 80 in
y=2(80+25)
y=2(105)

y=210
there for my average total training volume per workout would be 210 inorder to increase your max in 2min. and second formula is so if you know you do 180 situps in each workout total, then you should have at Least 65 max in 2mins. It has been the basis so I know how much training volume to do inorder to get a certain number out on apft day.
GIVE WAR A CHANCE
TSAF
3/75 RLTW
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Workout formula I created works great!

Post by Baseplate »

I was told there would be no math
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Fire....baaaaaad.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

ZoneIV wrote:On Aug 8 you posted you did 76 pushups. On Sept 12 you posted you did 77 pushups with a Recruiter grading you. On Nov 14 you now post you do 80. So between all the high speed workouts you have posted you are doing and now this "great" formula, you have increased your pushups by 4 in a little over three months. Perhaps you should be doing more pushups instead of working on math formulas on how to improve pushups?

You sound like a guy who was on here last year. He seemed to be constantly seeking out high speed workouts and posting about them instead of working out. He ended up quitting RASP because he was last when it came to fitness. The last time I saw you post a complete PT Test was back in September when you were graded by your recruiter. What are your scores today (2 months later)? When was the last time you took a graded PT Test?
Yep, it's easier to cut corners (something that is met with extreme negativity in Batt) and figure out a mathmatical theory on a whizbang computer than to just go out and push yourself for an hr or two a day and actually break a fucking sweat.

My statement above is true, only if you are 18 and don't know any better, which is why God invented NCO's, to teach you before you hurt yourself young Sheldon.

Please refrain from purchasing any Electro-Shock-Ab-Belts off of the TV, they are for the lame, lazy and lacking, you'd be better off sending me your 50.00 and I'll yell at you thru the computer here and try to scare you.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
glocky45
Ranger

Post by glocky45 »

Ranger ZoneIV, On October 26th, 2011, 9:03 am.
As for today's pt I had a mandatory APFT and I think I did rather well.
I scored a 280. PU80 (in a minute and 30secs then I just got up) (Recruiter said to stop because I maxed it.)
SU75
2MR 14:05
http://armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php? ... start=735
It's not the greatest score but it's my personal best thus far. As for SU and the run I've been working on tremendously lately. Yesterday I did a 8.5 mile run (no weight) in 65:04. On 11/14/11 I performed a 3 mile run in exactly 20:22.
GIVE WAR A CHANCE
TSAF
3/75 RLTW

Return to “About Army Physical Training”