Random thought of the moment.

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Grifter
Ranger

Re: Random thought of the moment.

Post by Grifter »

Lunch wrote:
blueskiesalways wrote:A poster of Che? on his wall?? seriously???..Let's hope for the best, and hope your prospective employer can perceive the ovious mental and moral defects that the alternate candiate posesses. Good luck, I'll be rooting for you....GOD BESS THE USA!
I understand you miss your family, If this doesn't work out ...something will...If they hire that candidate (read,clown) over a qualified, proven and true American like yourself...They don't deserve you!
Many thanks BSA :)!

Pisser is, in spite of his politics, he's smart and he's good at what he does, and he probably would be good in this job. I just believe I'd be better, but it'll come down to the panel's opinion of which kind of traits, experience, skills, and leadership style are most important to them: they're selecting their new boss, more or less. He and I worked together previously- we wanted to like each other, but both knew how the other totally disagreed with their personal views so it was always awkward.
good luck bro, if you are by chance going to be back home around oct 21-22..The hh6 and I might be up in your AO ( with some cousins from Germany)..give me a call. we will raise a glass and forget your potential job opening. for a min..then you can go be with your wife...hahahahah
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Black to Tan Change-over Ranger
MI Glenn English Base of USARA
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Punching a laptop screen apparently isn't the way to fix the flickering . New LCD or new computer ? I haven't decided yet.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Flesh Thorn wrote:Punching a laptop screen apparently isn't the way to fix the flickering . New LCD or new computer ? I haven't decided yet.
I bet you felt better though.

Just go buy a tablet. Not much you can do with a computer that you can't do with a tablet.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

Lunch wrote:Wondering if I can get a 1300 naptime written into our district's Safety Action Plan.
We tried that in Italy. All of the squad leaders got together and told our PSG that, in the spirit of solidarity with our host nation, we should observe the national practice of riposo. It did not happen.

So much for expanding cultural boundaries. :D
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Who the fuck steals mission essentail equipment from within their own platoon? I mean to hell with the integrity voilation, (if it was from another platoon in the company then I could understand the idea of it) but you're stealing from the guys that watch over you while you sleep. Thats just plain not smart. Which brings me to my question:

Rangers,

How long into RS and RASP do buddy fuckers and other assorted shitbags make it before they get weeded out? After the first few weeks can I feel comfortable leaving my ruck in the bay and not worry who's going to screw with it, or will I need to keep eyes on all of my gear in garrison the whole time?
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Jesus H Christ. Private Pyle, why is your footlocker unlocked?
Sir, I don't know, sir.
Private Pyle, if there is one thing in this world that I hate, it is an unlocked footlocker! You know that don't you?
Sir, yes, sir.
If it wasn't for dickheads like you, there wouldn't be any thievery in this world, would there?
Sir, no, sir.
GET DOWN!
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Lunch wrote:
NeverSayDie wrote:Who the fuck steals mission essentail equipment from within their own platoon? I mean to hell with the integrity voilation, (if it was from another platoon in the company then I could understand the idea of it) but you're stealing from the guys that watch over you while you sleep. Thats just plain not smart. Which brings me to my question:

Rangers,

How long into RS and RASP do buddy fuckers and other assorted shitbags make it before they get weeded out? After the first few weeks can I feel comfortable leaving my ruck in the bay and not worry who's going to screw with it, or will I need to keep eyes on all of my gear in garrison the whole time?
NeverSayDie wrote:For a good month now, new equipment has been mysteriously appearing in our pitifully understocked supply room. Yesterday, I found the door to the room unlocked and our newest addition Cadet "hernandez" alone inside. Which was especially strange since newbies are never given keys to anything. At his feet where four cardboard boxes, which I promptly inspected without saying a word.

Me: ... Hernandez, where the fuck did you get 12 camelback LBV's and two boxes of MRE's?
Hernandez: ... You ever hear the expression don't look a gift horse in the mouth?

Jesus F-ing Christ I wish I could take this guy with me to RASP
What comes around goes around. Thieves always fuck somebody- sucks when it's you, eh?
Ranger Lunch,

I can understand that regardless of who's around if I leave an open MRE on top of my ruck, I shouldnt expect my pound cake to still inside it when i get back, and that platoons will always find a way to get what they need, even if it comes at the expense of the other platoons, But when you're talking about something bigger then a bag of m&m's and its taken by someone that sleeps five meters away from you in a patrol base, there has to be a certain level of trust there. stealing inside the platoon is just shitting a little bit to close to where you eat for me.

Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Sounds like you are all a bunch of theiving peices of shit.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Baseplate wrote:Sounds like you are all a bunch of theiving peices of shit.
Ranger Baseplate,

I give it just as good as I get it. If I could trust every man in the company to stay out of my ruck then I would never break that trust, (hence why I never took anything from a man in my platoon). But when its common place to scrounge up needed equipment wherever you can - inculding from other platoons - it does'nt make any sense to not adapt to that envoirment and get looked at like a I'm a bad team leader becuase my guys don't have the shit they need.

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”