introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

copperc5
Egg

introduction

Post by copperc5 »

Hi my son is in basic training an he has got a airborne with a option 40 contract.doing great.got some issues with his weight.i got a few questions.we are from florida live here all of our lives he is 5ft 2 an weightd 120 lbs they are tell him that he to light for airborne school an that might lose his contract. they telling him that his parachute wont deploy.its a safety issue.his pt score is 246/300 no other problems.is this true or are they messing with him. i try talking to the recuiter but dont get no anwsers.
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: introduction

Post by Baseplate »

That boy needs to be on double rations.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Wish I had an answer for you.... but how about telling us a little bit about yourself since this is the Introduction area for Veteran's and the like.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Willy_P
Ranger

Post by Willy_P »

I was all of 125 pound in basic and im no more than 130 now and I'm serving in battalion. Your son should be fine on weight.. So long as he has some ridiculous strength in each of those pounds, haha.
RASP #08-11
RS #04,05-13
HHC, 3/75 MTR.
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

introduction

Post by RMP-RLTW »

Sounds bogus to me. They have women going through airborne school that are probably 100lbs soaking wet.

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Quitters sometimes come up with creative excuses so as to not shame family.
If he is listening to barracks rumor, tell him to knock it off and work harder.
If he straps on that 75 pounds of rucksack, 12 pounds of weapon, a gallon of water etc, he'll deploy any parachute.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “Introduction Archive”