I ran into a roadblock but I enlisted anyway. Sitrep-Marshal

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Anubis
US Army

I ran into a roadblock but I enlisted anyway. Sitrep-Marshal

Post by Anubis »

Hello Rangers, Since my introduction I have enlisted into the Army with an 11x option 4 contract. I was able to score well on my AFQT but my GT score ended up being a 102. I was disappointed with my self after I took the test, knowing that I did not meet the standards and I would not be able to get an option 40 contract. After discussing options with my recruiter I have decided to enlist now instead of waiting. On the upside of things not being able to secure a Ranger contract has only motivated me even more. I already had a fire inside me to become a Ranger but now I am even more determined because I don't have anything promised to me and what happens now is mostly up to me. I am very motivated to get this done and do the best that I can. I begin BCT 20120316. Thank you for your time Rangers.
goon175
Ranger

Re: I ran into a roadblock but I enlisted anyway. Sitrep-Mar

Post by goon175 »

Take the FAST classes when you get to your unit. This will raise your GT score to a 110. Then you can submit a 4187 or re-enlist to go to RASP.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Recruitment Process”