SGTJenks Re-Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

leroyjenkins
Inprocessing

SGTJenks Re-Intro

Post by leroyjenkins »

Good evening Rangers,

In keeping up with my last post made almost a year ago, I am reintroducing myself. I am (was) SGTJenks. I graduated from OCS earlier this year, worked my ass off to branch Infantry, and just recently graduated from IBOLC. Before Armor transferred to Ft. Benning, all IBOLC graduates were given an automatic pass to Ranger School. Now, slots are more competative, and one must successfully complete a "mini-RAP" week in order to be put onto an OML. If your number on the HHC OML coincides with the number of slots available, then you are allowed to go to Ranger School. If your placing falls over the number of slots or you fail any portion of "mini-RAP" week, then you are sent to 3rd PLT in order to continue with follow on schools (ABN, Mech Ldrs, etc.) or PCS. I passed "mini-RAP" (RPFT, Land Nav, and 12 mile ruck); however, I was a hot weather injury duing IBOLC so I must wait until OCT to attend. It sucks that alot of my fellow IBOLC graduates will be leaving for Ranger School this weekend without me, but I plan on using my time wisely and just bettering myself in everyway imaginable.

v/r

2LT
5010th USAH 06-07
4th Region, USARC 07-08
7218th MSU 08-09
IBOLC
Ranger School Class 06-12
OEF 12, 1-101 AASLT
2-2IN, 16-present
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: SGTJenks Re-Intro

Post by K.Ingraham »

Welcome back LT, and congrats on scoring a RS slot. See if you can strap hang on some other training while you wait.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
leroyjenkins
Inprocessing

Post by leroyjenkins »

K.Ingraham wrote:Welcome back LT, and congrats on scoring a RS slot. See if you can strap hang on some other training while you wait.
Ranger K. Ingraham,

Thank you for the welcome. Unfortunately, schools are hard to come by when your in the Ranger holding PLT. Since I'm going to the 101st, I inquired about Air Assault School, but was told there was almost no chance of getting a slot due to 1st PLT (IBOLC Holding) having priority and running about 200 deep. Other schools don't apply since I'm not going to a heavy brigade or stryker brigade. Airborne is out of the question because 2-11 doesn't want to run the risk of injury before Ranger School. Oh well, it just leaves opportunity to PT numerous times throughout the day. I am trying to drop another 10 minutes off my 12 mile.

v/r

2LT
5010th USAH 06-07
4th Region, USARC 07-08
7218th MSU 08-09
IBOLC
Ranger School Class 06-12
OEF 12, 1-101 AASLT
2-2IN, 16-present
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

If you're headed to the 101st, you'll have plenty of opportunities to go to AASLT. It's a waste of time though. Better to send one of your soldiers who needs the promotion points in your place and do something that will actually better you as an Infantry Officer instead.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome again, Sir. Hadn't you better change that avatar?
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Welcome ButterBar. Enjoy the journey you have established for yourself and always become better than you are. Earn well what you seek.
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
Rockin Ranger
Inprocessing

Post by Rockin Ranger »

Best of luck, LT....
Drink LOTS of water, until you feel like you will float away.
Then drink some more. Even more than that. Just keep drimking.....
Don't stop drinking (water :lol: ) and oh, yeah, never quit.
Drive on - RLTW
Rockin Ranger

3rd Plt, A Co. 1/75th INF - 85-87 RTO/Rifleman/M-203 Gnr

For Those About to Rock, We Salute You!!

Return to “Introduction Archive”