SITREP: GilBot

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Gilbot
Future Soldier

SITREP: GilBot

Post by Gilbot »

Rangers, I decided to move my sitreps to their own thread to keep things a little more organized. The Current Status is I am going to reserve my job tomorrow afternoon, and I will head to MEPS Tuesday evening. I plan on walking out on Wednesday with 11X Option 40 in hand.
Gilbot
Future Soldier

Re: SITREP: GilBot

Post by Gilbot »

Rangers, Just a quick update, My Recruiter was unable to reserve my job slot today due to a couple different reasons, mainly for the 14 month Senior extension, however, We are going to reserve the slot Tuesday before I head to MEPS.
Gilbot
Future Soldier

Post by Gilbot »

Rangers,
Another quick update, I'm currently at the Hotel for MEPS. I originally went to MEPS earlier this morning, but my recruiter misdated a section of PC form, so it wasn't valid. So I went home and the First Sergeant was nice enough to let me restart processing again tomorrow, instead of next week, so I am back at the hotel. I will post another post-MEPS sitrep NLT Thursday Evening.
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my posts.
Gilbot
Future Soldier

Post by Gilbot »

Rangers,
I apologize for not making my SITREP deadline. I was unable to access a Personal Computer yesterday, and all I had was my smartphone which was not allowing me to post at certain times. Knocking 25 out for failure to obey. I finished up my processing at MEPS, and when talking with the counselor I inquired about having Airborne and RASP on my contract, and he responded that neither slots were available at the time, due to my ship date being so far out, 20120703. I made a seperate thread about it here. viewtopic.php?f=52&t=58870" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I was hoping one of the rangers could answer this for me.
Regardless, I secured an 11X contract, and the counselor told me to come back to see him around late September/Early October, to try to have Option 4 or 40 put on my contract.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read my posts.
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Ok, so you are a 17 y.o. Senior in H.S.

How goes the P.T. for what lays ahead?
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

excerpt of Gilbot wrote: Rangers,
I secured an 11X contract
I've upgraded your title Gilbot. Just a heads up, until you get that Opt 40 contact, you can not get a Ranger mentor.

I hope you have selected one of the pt regimens in About Army Physical Training.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Gilbot
Future Soldier

Post by Gilbot »

Thank you for the upgrade, Ranger Steadfast.
And Ranger Buzz, as far as PT goes, I haven't been able to give myself a practice-APFT in a little over a month now as I have been very busy with various work meetings and such, but I will do so at the next available instance, and when it goes to selecting a workout plan, Rangers, I have chosen to go with the 12 week RASP prep workout plan.
Thank you once again for reviewing my posts.

Return to “Recruitment Process”