Former 2nd Bat Ranger Looses His Mind

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Former 2nd Bat Ranger Looses His Mind

Post by Earthpig »

McD wrote:
Ranger EarthPig wrote:So, what about knee pain? Don't tell me yours are fine. I tried to get out and run yesterday. I had to hobble (literally) for the first few laps until my body's natural pain relievers finally kicked in. I am nowhere near 4-5 miles at a time yet. I'm walking a mile, joggin a mile, walking a mile, etc. Right now, that's about all my lower back and knees will allow.

Glad you are able to do all that, amigo.

RLTW
EP
Bob, My knees were hurting at the start but I changed up how I was running and it helped a lot. Kind of a barefoot style where I am keep a pretty high cadence and taking a shorter stride. It keeps me on the balls of my feet and off my heel which makes for less stress up through everything. Check out the C25K site. It is a good place to start. I don't/can't run fast (8-9 min mile) but I'm doing 10-15 miles a week. All 3 miler's or more. I kind of enjoy it which is weird because I hated it in when I was in the Bat.... and was never very fast then.
That's pretty cool. I'll check out the site.

I've started playing raquetball and play 2-3 hrs a day. Our temps have been up around 105 or more every day, which leaves early morning or late night (2200 or later) for running. The raquetball is inside, and I am sweating a ton. So far, haven't had any joint problems, either.

Keep up the good work, McD!

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Motivating thread McD! That's excellent brother. All of you that are pushing it hard. Great stuff.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Fucking hell, now you got me doing it.
Between hittin' 55 and getting annoyed at the usual aging stuff, well, here's something I can control - this thread was the last straw.
Damn, I'm sore - and I'm starting off slow & easy!
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
RangerX
Ranger

Former 2nd Bat Ranger Looses His Mind

Post by RangerX »

So one reason I enjoy it more now then "back then" is getting a runner's high happens a lot quicker :lol:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

K.Ingraham wrote:Fucking hell, now you got me doing it.
Between hittin' 55 and getting annoyed at the usual aging stuff, well, here's something I can control - this thread was the last straw.
Damn, I'm sore - and I'm starting off slow & easy!
Don't feel bad bro, last time I ran was to the packy at quarter of eleven. :mrgreen:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “About Army Physical Training”