Is Technology Killing All Our Stuff?

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Is Technology Killing All Our Stuff?

Post by Flesh Thorn »

If the meaning of life (per George Carlin) is "finding a place for your stuff,” then technology is looking to make life meaningless.

Our dearest collections of yesterday -- everything from books to CDs -- will soon disappear into the digital abyss, and pretty soon we won't have any stuff at all.

It wasn't long ago that we kept collections -- okay, shoeboxes full -- of photographs. But when was the last time you even bothered to print a photo, never mind develop a roll? Most of us long ago relinquished those little keepsakes. The images now only exist in digital form on our iPhones or posted to Facebook for comments.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/07/ ... z1RHX1uS8y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Re: Is Technology Killing All Our Stuff?

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I have a small collection of old books and plan on expanding it with the classics. Maybe I am just a little old fashioned, but I prefer to read real books, magazines, and new papers over the digital kind. Granted I do read a lot of digital stuff too.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Return to “The News Dump”