URGENT help me out Rangers!!

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
M82a1snake
Embryo

URGENT help me out Rangers!!

Post by M82a1snake »

Rangers Abroad, I've researched everywhere, even on this forum, what does a ranger with a mos 13f actually do in the regiment because it states the mos slightly shifts and changes once in ranger battalion. also you get assigned not attached to a squad. So specifically what do you do as 13f compared to say 11b as a ranger? I'm currently at the state in which I'm deciding between the two mos's. I want to be in the actual battle with the fellow rangers but if I was 13f and could do that plus call in air support and mortar strikes in addition to raiding with the rangers house to house, that would be ideal. I.E. I don't want to be isolated away or faraway from harms way, because I'm simply not a coward and would die for country if thats what was asked. p.s. I'm planing on signing option 40 only, with longest active duty contract which I think is 6 years.

*Thanks To ALL the Military! Especially ALL the Rangers!
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
George S. Patton
P.T.
PU:76 (PROPER FORM)
SU:79
2MILE 13:31
4MILE 31:09
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: URGENT help me out Rangers!!

Post by K.Ingraham »

The 13F brings death and destruction to our nation's enemies. Isn't that enough?
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
M82a1snake
Embryo

Post by M82a1snake »

Thank you for replying Ranger ZoneIV, Ranger Lunch, and Ranger K.Ingraham. All of your insight has broughten wisdom upon me. To Ranger K.Ingraham, yes it was enough but i wanted to deferentiate between what there combat capacity was in mech/stryker/infantry company compared to ranger regiment, But I have now been enlightened. To Ranger ZoneIV, Sorry about the Urgency thing, but yes talked to two different recruiters both saying completely different things. Also never meant that any mos or soldier was a coward simply saying compared to how a few civilians are cowardly. And I can Tell you with the Will of God behind me I feel whatever happens (i die or live is in his hands anyway) so i Don't worry about any of that. And my mindset is no different obviously, I want to be apart of The Ranger Regiment, as i feel the job picks the man not the other way around. As for your last remark, Its untrue, im not just some kid whom plays too much video games and watching war movies. I want to see america grow and i know freedom isnt truely free. Thats why ill fight for it so everyone else gets a chance to experence it in the future.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
George S. Patton
P.T.
M82a1snake
Embryo

Post by M82a1snake »

To Ranger Lunch, Wow! "The MOS you choose will not define your character or bravery, nor will your proximity to the battle. It will be the choices you make and your ability to act on those choices." I wish I could get that copyrighted. (not intended to offend or be sarcastic!) Truer words were never spoken. And those are exactly the questions I need to find out myself. so Thank you! As for learning more about the mos 13f in a ranger reg, I cant find any detailed Information on Ranger 13f's which brings me back to the reason I posted, do 13f's in ranger reg see combat as in do they use their rifles or just radio? And if there not in the door-to-door combat like 11b then to what extent of combat are they in mostly. I.E. do they still engage targets like 11b would with their m4 style rifles??
George S. Patton
P.T.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Hey bud, take a break from posting and do some research on your own.

Slow the fuck down, type clear concise sentences and use proper capitilization and punctuation, it shows attention to detail and clear thinking while being so "excited".

Stop referring to the Ranger Regiment as "ranger reg" or someone is going to crush your dreams quickly.

You've been given good advice by Rangers that are harder than woodpecker lips, stfu and take it.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Youngster,
Your specific question has been asked & answered on these forums several times, I know because I have already comprehensively answered it several times. Further, one of the Regiment's best known warriors // 13Fox has answered it as well and better than I in these open forums.
Since you surely need a lot more time to achieve Ranger-hopeful standards of fitness, you have the time to delve further into these forums and discover what you want to know.

I am replying again for only two reasons; I'm bored and I suspect that you are very young and such enthusiasm shouldn't be discouraged. Follow Ranger Cam's advice and read more/post less, and certainly do not reply to me - I don't care if you read or heed - I got my neato badges :lol:

RS 9-76

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

K.Ingraham wrote: certainly do not reply to me - I don't care if you read or heed - I got my neato badges :lol:
Sapper?

Cool!!
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

rgrokelley wrote:[Sapper?

Cool!!
bitch. :evil: 'air insult' too!

RS 9-76

Return to “Recruitment Process”