injury in training

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

JacobKelley4
Egg

injury in training

Post by JacobKelley4 »

I plan on graduating from Central Michigan University in 1 1/2years and right away elisting with the Army op40 contract to start my path to become a Ranger. I have already started preparing, im a bodybuilder so im trying to get my endurance and flexabilty back by running and stretching. I plan to meet all the physical demands and prepare myself as much as possible mentally to become a Ranger prior to entering basic. Im 100% sure this is what I want to achieve and do upon graduation. I have broken both of my wrists and neither have healed correctly... my wrists become really painfull after even a short distance of exercises such as bear crawling... Im just curious as to what some of you think, if i should try and get surgery on both of them again, or if your wrists arent strained too extensively in basic, rasp 1, Ranger pee training or Ranger School. I wouldnt be asking this if i wasnt seriously concerned about my wrists. I can do push ups and bench 315 numerous times, and pretty much everything in the weight room with no issues. just trying to prevent any chance there is of me getting dropped for a medical issue. And dont want to get surgery unless its a neccesity
Dntwishforitwrkforit
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: injury in training

Post by Dntwishforitwrkforit »

Fellow Michigander here, sister went to CMU, I went to Albion. Nice to see you on here. I leave the answer to your questions to the Rangers of the board, though you are welcome to PM me with more specific symptoms and whatnot since I work directly for a neuro and ortho surgeon so I could get their advice for you.
Shipdate: 20120221
Dntwishforitwrkforit
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Dntwishforitwrkforit »

Though obviously keep in mind that a doctor opinion is going to err on the extreme side of caution...
Shipdate: 20120221
JacobKelley4
Egg

Post by JacobKelley4 »

thank you for your input, ill most likely just say fuck it and hope they dont break again lol im getting them both checked out this week tho... i went to a doctors like 2 years ago for it, but they just said they would go in and look around and scalp certain parts of my wrist and see if they could see whats wrong... then i said no cause i was playin rugby and didnt want to sit out for surgery... but now i realize surgery could really benifit me in the long run
JacobKelley4
Egg

Post by JacobKelley4 »

the longer im in recovery the longer i go without training.... weighin my options... i might just not do anything about it cause they hurt really bad but its not like they are gonna fall off haha so ill just deal with it
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

You may want to learn how to use proper punctuation if you plan on graduating college or actually want anyone to take your post seriously. Typing "im" instead of "I'm" or "I am" just sends the message that that you are either lazy or don't give a shit. Good luck with your wrist.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Chuck_Finley
Ranger

Post by Chuck_Finley »

Be gentle Flesh Thorn, all that typing has to pure hell on his wrists. :wink:
B 3/75 90-92
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Bear crawling is not good for you. If it hurts, don't do it. Walk, run, swim etc...
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Year & a half is pretty far down the road, welcome.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
JacobKelley4
Egg

Post by JacobKelley4 »

The next year and a half I will only want this more and more everyday. As for my wrists, I just have arthritis in both, doc said no physical stress can speed up the process or cause further injury. So I'm good to go. Thank you for welcoming me. God Bless America
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

I had 2 broken wrists prior to going in, including a plate and seven screws. Then I broke my back and still stayed in another 2.5 years.

My point - if you want it, it doesn't hurt.

Good luck.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03

Return to “Introduction Archive”