Sitrep: Carpentier

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
jmc2282
Embryo

Sitrep: Carpentier

Post by jmc2282 »

I hate the enlistment process already... Around the middle of May I went online and filled out a simple questionnaire and requested information about the army. One of the questions was when was the best time to call and I put down evenings since i'm i was in school until 2 pm. The next day they called me at 11am and of course i was at school. So my dad answered the phone and let them know not to call at that time. the following day same time and the next day the same time my dad then asked to talk to there suppervisor and the young girl on the phone wouldn't give the suppervisor the phone because she though she could handle the situation. simpliy put she couldn't. my dad finally got ahold of the suppervisor and explaned the situation and answered the questions they need to ask about me. After weeks of waiting the information i requested never came. I then contacted or tried to contact my local recruiter threw emails and by phone no answer. Had to call the recruiting command and talk to the brigade commander in order to get a response from a recruiter. They again called in the morning against my instructions while I wasnt home. My dad again aswered the phone and tired of the situation talked to the sergeant and asked him if an 11x option 40 was available. he said there was no such thing and i would have to go leg infintry. My dad hung up the phone (he didnt like being lied to). So i later contacted a recuiter about 20 mins away from my house, the sergeant there Sergeant Rollins was very nice and said that if i scored high enough I could get it no problem. Went to his office and got a couple of packets i need to fill out and took the Pre-ASVAB when he got my test score he said oooo, and i said no and i that point i thought i F'ed it up then he read off a 92 and i was releaved. we scheduled a appointment on 6-10-11 for me to take the real ASVAB. Right as i got home the phone rings it was the recuting office i tried to get a hold of over 5 times, there were asking if i was interested in joing the army. i replied yea i just got back from a different recuiter, his reply was S**t. I explaned the situtation and he said since i tried contacting them before he wouldnt try to transfer me. 2 mins later another phone call (at this point i just got involved in a recuiting turf war) it was his sergeant asking for my info. At this point i guess they pissed my dad off and he grabbed the phone from me and argued with them for 30 mins, saying that there was no way i was going to change offices they had there chance, they missed it. they said thats fine but they would get the credit for recuiting me not Sergeant Rollins. After a bunch of other calls and a talk with the First Sergeant there it finally got settled they were not getting me to transfer and not getting any credit. By this experience i learned a few thing about dealing with arrogant people not willing to do there job, you got to fight for what you want, that was taught to me by my EX-Army Ranger dad who in this case did some of the fighting for me lol. Today I took the ASVAB down at MEPS and did pretty good I scored on the 88th percentile and had a GT of over 120. My recruiter said the airborne ranger contract is in the bag, and all he has to do is bug them enough, and i should have it very soon. I take my physical next week. and my PT scores have droped a little but still over 300. Sorry for such a long update stuff like this bugs me and i wanted people to know my experience, and i hope they have a different one.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Sitrep: Carpentier

Post by Steadfast »

Another Ranger will speak to you about what you posted.

In your sigline - take out Enlisting as a 11b option 40.

Go read BOARD FAQ's atop main Forum, read 4th item down written by Ranger EarthPig - Signature Line. All of us follow these rules uniformly.

Enlisting as a 11b option 40. as you don't yet have contract - you can not use this as you haven't earned it yet.

Don't apologize, just remove it and carry on.

When you do get your signed contract you can re-enter only the info pertaining to Future Soldiers Ranger EarthPig wrote in sigline post. Make a post you got your contract & I will upgrade your title.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Recruitment Process”