PT scores

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Cdoc93
Embryo

PT scores

Post by Cdoc93 »

Had a PT test today, the only thing I had trouble with was the run. I sprained my ankle a little while back and it kinda slowed me down a little today but I pushed through it and finished at least.

2-min Push ups- 60
2-min Sit ups-55
2 mile run- 17:47

Theres a small park close to my house so im gonna start hitting my runs hard there because I know that thats one thing I need the most improvement on. I also think I could have done better on my sit ups so i need to focus on that also.
"It's not over till it's over."
Never quit!
"Get your mind straight... hundreds and thousands of reasons to quit... your goal is the ONE reason not to quit."
Ship date: 20110531
Kenmichi
Future Soldier

Re: PT scores

Post by Kenmichi »

240 is the bare minimum after AIT for RASP, as of 2010. Additionally with no less than 80 points in each category. Tough. Very tough.
Cdoc93
Embryo

Post by Cdoc93 »

Well I did another self test.

Push ups- Bumped up to 70.
Sit up- 52 :/
Did a one mile run today and got it done in 6:50.

Still working on my run, gonna do a two mile here tomorrow or thursday. Im tryin to work my cardio up. Definitely have to work on sit ups. I need to be able to knock out way more than that BS.
"It's not over till it's over."
Never quit!
"Get your mind straight... hundreds and thousands of reasons to quit... your goal is the ONE reason not to quit."
Ship date: 20110531
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

PT scores

Post by KW Driver »

A PT test isn't a one mile run. It's push ups, sit ups, two mile run, and you might as well do pull ups after too.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
mv2012
Embryo

Post by mv2012 »

Cdoc93,

Don't get discouraged even if you aren't where you want to be yet. Keep working at it diligently, and you will definitely see improvement. Also, remember that even if you are not 100% prior to shipping, you will have more time to improve throughout OSUT and BAT. If you dedicate yourself to the task, you can definitely be physically ready for RASP by the time you get there.

Best of luck!
Shipdate: 20120103
Mentor: HakweeRgr
mv2012
Embryo

Post by mv2012 »

Rangers,

Post edited due to being inappropriate and foolish on my part. Knocking out 50 PU for my mistake.
Last edited by mv2012 on January 1st, 2012, 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shipdate: 20120103
Mentor: HakweeRgr
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

mv2012 wrote:Ranger ZoneIV,

You are correct in that I have a lot of work to do and I do not have experience. Nonetheless, I was merely attempting to encourage my fellow DEP in a positive and constructive manner, and I did so pursuant to Leatherneck's post on the value of integrity:
Leatherneck wrote: Think of the situation here fellas. You have all come here because you want to someday serve in the Ranger Regiment. You see how many of these Rangers know each other. If some of you ever make it, do you think it is completely unlikely that you will find one of these other DEPs serving there with you? It is not unlikely at all if you make it. You all are heading for the same place. You are supposed to be preparing yourselves by forming the values and characteristics that will help you succeed when you get there. You should be encouraging and motivating one another towards this end.
SHUT THE FUCK UP
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister

Return to “About Army Physical Training”