AR Grips

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

AR Grips

Post by C-MAC »

Any opinions on replacing standard AR pistol grips? I have a brand new Hogue grip (rubberize, fingers slots). But just can't seem to tell if I like it vs. standard Colt grip.

It does provide a firm grip and the rubber helps tighten up the platform. But I am a little uncertain on the finger slots. For some reason it just messes with my karma a bit. Any idea if that is common?

If I bring the weapon up for a quick shot, I keep feeling like my trigger hand needs adjustment. I am probably just psyching myself out because it is new.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Re: AR Grips

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I like the Ergo Grip.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

Flesh Thorn wrote:I like the Ergo Grip.
Thanks I may have to try that. It looks like the same concept only the grooves are not as pronounced- which is my issue. For $20 bucks it's worth a try.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

I would not go with the ergo-grip if you will be putting alot of rounds through your AR. In the hogue grip, it has a hard plastic seat for the spring that keeps your selector switch tight. In the ergo-grip it is just the same soft rubberized material that the rest of the grip is made out of, which after time will not provide the same support for the spring that it needs due to it being worn away. If all you do is a bit of recreational shooting with it, im sure the ergo grip is fine, but if you do any sort of serious range time, the hogue grip is the way to go.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

Thanks for the advice.

This is important since I have been putting some serious range time in. That is probably why changing the grip messed with my karma.

I got very comfortable with the standard Colt grip. But then started tinkering for improved platform stability, etc.
Ranger KW Driver

Return to “Weapons of War”