In other news.....

Post by RangerX »

STFU

Their hubris is entertaining.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Re: In other news.....

Post by Slowpoke »

Imagine, if you will, that the roles are reversed. The Paki's have been on the trail of Donald Trump forever and have vowed to never quit until they find him. While it is common knowledge that our government knows nothing about where he is and has told the Paki's this often, they continue to look for him here. By some fluke, they locate him at a place called Trump Towers in Manhattan, fly in a SpecOps Team and take him out in his bedroom. Wouldn't we be outraged? Should we be?
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Slowpoke wrote:Imagine, if you will, that the roles are reversed. The Paki's have been on the trail of Donald Trump forever and have vowed to never quit until they find him. While it is common knowledge that our government knows nothing about where he is and has told the Paki's this often, they continue to look for him here. By some fluke, they locate him at a place called Trump Towers in Manhattan, fly in a SpecOps Team and take him out in his bedroom. Wouldn't we be outraged? Should we be?
I'll play your game.

If Donald Trump murdered 3,000 Pakistanis in the largest terrorist attack in history we would do everything we can to find him, and turn him over.

There would be no Paki SpecOps team because we would do what is right.

There, that was easy.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

In other news.....

Post by KW Driver »

And we wouldn't play both sides in the process
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

It was a fuckin' joke! :oops:

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

It's OK Poke, I knew you were joking.

Everyone knows the Pakis would actually bother getting off their asses and chasing anyone.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

joke or not, they are duplicitous fucks and I'm tired of them.

last night on Frontline, they interviewed Taliban who said they couldn't function without the Pakis. they couldn't continue the fight without sanctuaries in Pakistan. that the Pakis could roll up every Talib in an hour if they wanted to.

the Talib commander giving the interview, he was in Islamabad.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Chuck_Finley
Ranger

Post by Chuck_Finley »

KW Driver wrote:joke or not, they are duplicitous fucks and I'm tired of them.

last night on Frontline, they interviewed Taliban who said they couldn't function without the Pakis. they couldn't continue the fight without sanctuaries in Pakistan. that the Pakis could roll up every Talib in an hour if they wanted to.

the Talib commander giving the interview, he was in Islamabad.
That's the kind of crap that REALLY pisses me off!!! :x
B 3/75 90-92
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

In other news.....

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Could not have said it better . . .That sh!t make see red.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

They are really laying it on thick right now, trying to deflect the negative attention back towards the US. I just saw an article where they referred to the raid as "cold blooded".

They have no idea.......

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Yes, yes it was "cold blooded"! Had it been anything else they would have done what the Israelies did at Entiby and kill everyone there.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

Slowpoke wrote:Yes, yes it was "cold blooded"! Had it been anything else they would have done what the Israelies did at Entiby and kill everyone there.
Very good point!

In the case of Osama, it was always my thought that if we were ever to send a team in to capture him, with orders not to kill, there would always be at least one guy on the team who would be thinking, "Court Martial? I could give a damn about court martial. That fucker is gonna die!" who would then shoot and kill Osama anyway, damn the consequences.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

The way it worked out was the best scenario....well, not for bin Laden. Had they taken him alive, Eric Holder and friends would have turned it into the worst circus ever. This way, we don't have the expense and he doesn't have the media forum....it's just fuckin' over.

I'm glad they killed him, it sends a great message to the rest of the world. And I'm even glad my country took the moral high ground and observed his religions tenants. And I even agree with Obama not releasing the photos right now. They will be out there eventually and if it saves one American life by waiting, it was worth it.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Perfectly said Slowpoke.
Except for one thing about the photo; no one has mentioned another practical aspect of not releasing the pictures - they might not be of any use for IDing the body anyway - a double-tapped brain carrier assembly with two .45 entrance holes doesn't leave a lot of identification points. :mrgreen:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

I don't think we need to release the photos at all now that AQ kept getting his voicemail and conceded he's dead.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”