I about lost my shit reading this!

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

goon175
Ranger

I about lost my shit reading this!

Post by goon175 »

http://www.army.mil/-news/2011/04/01/54 ... ine-title0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nothing like making you furious first thing in the morning when your still half awake. Thanks army, you got me good. assholes.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Re: I about lost my shit reading this!

Post by The Holmchicken »

Hey man, did you read the offical adoption date of this new headgear? It's 1 April 2012. I'd say the U.S. Army just pulled a fast one on you and you took it. Hook, line, sinker, rod and reel.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

What a fine waste of tax dollars and resources. April Fools' jokes from the Army? Really?
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

hey monkeys, what day is it?

this is an Onion story from a few years back. that said, the fuck's wrong with a good, manly piece of headgear? been warn in the Cav for the last 42 years with style and panache.

what really amazes me is that DA has enough of a sense of humor to put it up, with approval; or some young subversives don't give a shit what the boss thinks, and hung it online anyway.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

I actually got a good chuckle out of it. For a minute there I thought the Army might actually be something of a competent organization. Then I walked outside my CHU.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

FINALLY! The Army comes up with an idea that is both good for morale and timely!!!! With all of the fudge packers enlisting, and in need of a more "Designer" uniform, the Army gives themsomething they can relate to.....a fucking cowboy hat! :mrgreen:
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Slowpoke wrote:FINALLY! The Army comes up with an idea that is both good for morale and timely!!!! With all of the fudge packers enlisting, and in need of a more "Designer" uniform, the Army gives themsomething they can relate to.....a fucking cowboy hat! :mrgreen:
No shit, Larry. A fucking cowboy hat! Gives a new meaning to April Fool's Day.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

No I knew it was a joke by the time I was done reading it, but in my early morning haze the first half of it had me about ready to throw my computer through the window. Luckily, I finished the article instead of taking that first COA, haha.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “The Mosh Pit”