AMU online college>75th RR

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
dillinger
Egg

AMU online college>75th RR

Post by dillinger »

I made another post similar to this one a week ago, I figured its to difficult of a plan.

I'm 16, planing on enlisting when I'm 19 or 20 with a option 40, I'd like serve active duty for about 6-8 years then either serve a few more years or retire and apply for a federal LEO(FBI, DEA).

I'd like to earn a bachelors in international affairs or homeland security, so I was thinking American Military University, which is online and use Army Tuition-A.
While serving active in a 75th RR Battalion, between the deployments and training and down time, would it be easy to earn a bachelors through AMU?
Is there ways for me to take classes while deployed?
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: AMU online college>75th RR

Post by Baseplate »

If you are dedicated and don't plan on boozing it up on your off time like 98% of all the other privates in the army, Maybe.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

No, it is not easy. If you want 'easy', you are in the wrong place.
Earning a degree that matters is not easy, whether it is on-line, residence, full or part time.
Excel where you are now so that you can get into a good university when the time comes and forget the 'mail order' diploma mills.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

But just paying for postage is so much cheaper than tuition! :lol:
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

I got an AA degree through AMU and am currently going after a BA elsewhere.

I will say this...it wasn't EASY, but it was doable. The school and faculty are really willing to work with service members.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Return to “Recruitment Process”