2 years army reserve to 75th RR while getting college degree

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
dillinger
Egg

2 years army reserve to 75th RR while getting college degree

Post by dillinger »

I would like to enlist in army reserve as a 11b when I'm 18 so I can complete two out of four years of community college for a bachelors degree(so i can apply for FBI). After the two years, Id like to know if I could transfer to active duty and apply for a option 40, and either serve the remaining six years in 75th RR and complete the remaining two college years through online while active duty.
Does US Army Reserve offer tuition assistance, and would i be able to complete 2 years of online college EASILY while active duty Ranger?
Does this goal of mine sound to much like a dream, does it sound a little difficult?

Oh and what Id like to do in FBI is a special agent working either counter-terrorism or counter-intell or HRT.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: 2 years army reserve to 75th RR while getting college de

Post by Jim »

Dillinger? Interesting selection. As a member of the FBI, you will be required to enforce the rules. Our rule here is that your initial entry is an introduction. Accordingly, this thread is locked until you post an introduction in the proper place.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Recruitment Process”