Coalition Strikes Against Gaddafi's Forces

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
RANGER513
Ranger

Re: Coalition Strikes Against Gaddafi's Forces

Post by RANGER513 »

This has been coming for a long, long time......but it sure does seem like we got our hands in alot of different cookie jars these days !! :shock:
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Richard Cranium wrote:Too little, too late.

BTW, I thought the "great Obammy" was gonna end all wars, close Guantanomo, yadda, yadda, yadda......

POS.
Is it still "W's" fault? :roll:
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
TopSNOT_BigE
Ranger

Post by TopSNOT_BigE »

It looks like that Strategic Petroleum Reserve might come in handy... sure hope that doesn't go away...
Aco/HHC 1/75
RS 10-04

"In the end, the greatest snowball isn't a snowball at all, it's fear."
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Am I the only one that thinks this is a mistake?

Democracy is not for everyone, and it seems to me that the only time there is any semblance of stability in that quadrant of the planet is when a dictator is oppressing the shit out of the population. No oppression = lunatic free-for-all.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
ski20
Tadpole

Post by ski20 »

Ranger513, I am saying the same thing. A 3 front war is a lot for a country too handle.

Also, I would be thinking about North Korea with the decisions that are being made in Libya. North Korea, if they were going to act on their word for once would have the perfect chance to hit whomever they wanted with our military so stretched out...Just something too keep in the back of your head.
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Well traffic in three Greek bases has been full. KC-135, AWACS, UK fighters, Qatar fighters….. All arrived.

The Souda Bay base is 330 nautical miles from Benghazi. The news did say that various fighters launch from there.

I do agree with General Clark (Ret) in that without boots on the ground it becomes very difficult to win this.

I also understand that Gadhafi has called on the various desert tribes for assistance. Those tribes will make it very difficult if Gadhafi is killed for a government to be formed. Big question there.

It is said that the ideal is for the rebels to take Tripoli so as that it’s not a war of the west against an Arab state. Without western or NATO troops it would take months to train the rebels.

It can’t become a NATO fight as that requires a unanimous vote all NATO countries 28 I believe to say yes. Turkey for one is for a different method. Maybe other countries also. The thing is if it becomes a ground war NATO will be needed.

According to Arab news 8,000 (at least) rebels have been killed so far. The Gadhafi count is unknown to me.

Also Gadhafi’s spies are in the rebel controlled areas already. This will make things interesting.

My opinion is that this could be a fast war or very long. Nothing in the middle. For a fast war you require the desert tribes on the rebel’s side.

My $ 0.02 worth.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton

Return to “The News Dump”