Hello again

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Majeplc
Egg

Hello again

Post by Majeplc »

Its me again(i don't post to much but i do lurk the forum every other day) viewtopic.php?f=35&t=54764&sid=34fed49f ... 7de2d865ee
Ranger cams Ranger Elguapo Rangeral_2ndWolfhounds Ranger Bill :lol: :lol: Im currently 3 1/2-4 months away from graduation I finally decided to head to a new recruiting center after having spoken to many recruiters in the last few months.I explained myself clearly to the recruiter, specifically saying that I wanted 11x option 40. At first he told me the chances of getting my decision would be slim but possible, as I already knew, since the slots fill up quickly. I viewed a thread about the army cutting back on infantry slots, but I seemed to have missed the exact details since I briefly skimmed through it.

Up to that point, this recruiter was quite friendly with my situation until his supervisor came in. It was at this point that he started to switch his statements up saying that, "You're going to have to sign up for something else, then go to Ranger school." This option is out of question for me, and he continued by saying, "You should pick another mos; infantry isn't so good." I then took a practice test and scored a 57, even with the daunting timer making me nervous.The 57 disappointed me since I know with 100% assurance that I can score much better. Besides those issues, the recruiting center was quite friendly with me. They offered material gifts that I didn't need, but I took them due to their persistence.

1.Do you guys think I should speak to another recruiter since they were dilligent in their statement about me choosing another mos?
2.Is is true the army is not recruiting infantry right now?(hard to believe coming from recruiter)
Ps:Ranger Elguapo do you speak spanish?
Edit:Added caps

I will become a ranger
Last edited by Majeplc on March 20th, 2011, 8:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Hello again

Post by KW Driver »

Good for you for going back.

As far as the recruiters, no one will look out for your own needs better than you will. You decide when persistence won't help with the crew you are using. If you need to change, do it then.

Don't do the "@Ranger...." anymore. This isn't facespace, tweeter, or mybook. Address the Ranger you want with proper grammar and complete sentences here. That's our standard.

And capitalize Ranger.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Majeplc
Egg

Re: Hello again

Post by Majeplc »

KW Driver wrote:Don't do the "@Ranger...." anymore. This isn't facespace, tweeter, or mybook. Address the Ranger you want with proper grammar and complete sentences here. That's our standard.

And capitalize Ranger.
Will do Ranger KW Driver

Return to “Recruitment Process”