Introduction: Hooty

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

hooty
US Army Veteran

Introduction: Hooty

Post by hooty »

Rangers,

Hello, My name is Matthew, nicknamed Hooty. I am an intelligence analyst (35F) in the U.S. Army Reserves in Michigan, just recently got released from active duty where I was stationed at Fort Lewis for four years. Recently I've been evaluated where I've been, what I've done and where I want to go. I've decided that I want to be a U.S. Army Ranger. I've come to this forum to read the posts, and appreciate and take in as much knowledge as I can that those that have went before me choose to dish out to the general public and the future soldiers. My last APFT was taken in August. I had 80 push-ups, 85 sit-ups, and 14:00 minute 2 mile run. One set of pull-ups I can get 15, dead hang each rep. I've already read some of the posts here designed for the future soldiers who will be entering RASP in the near future and I would like to thank all the Rangers who are here to help us young men. The biggest thing I can take from all of it is to Never Quit, which will be my mantra or rather Keep Going, Keep at it. Thank you again Rangers for all the help.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: hooty - Introduction

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome hooty.

Thank you for your service to our country.

* * * Moved topic to proper Intro Forum * * *
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Re: Introduction: Hooty

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for your service to our great country! Go make it happen.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Read up here and in the recruiting forums on prior service re-enlistment. You have a long, tough road ahead of you so use the time to get into better shape.
Meanwhile, consider NG SF down in Ohio.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
hooty
US Army Veteran

Post by hooty »

Rangers,

Thank you for the welcome. I'm definitely going to make this happen. I will use this forum as a tool and check out the recruiting forums for that information, thank you. I will look into the NG SF unit in Ohio. Currently I'm drilling out of Kalamazoo and the 415th CA BN there working in the S-2 shop. I am working on getting a transfer to the unit in Southfield, MI as it is closer to where I'm currently living and going to college at. I'm uncertain right now if I could transfer from USAR to NG, if anybody has any info on I would appreciate it. I head to drill in a couple weeks where I was going to speak with the recruiting counselor there. Thanks again for the welcome Rangers, I appreciate it. Had the pleasure to work closely with a few rangers on active duty and have ton of respect for them. I want to join those ranks in the near future. About to head out and conduct a PT test for myself along with some additional work afterwards and rucking tonight.

V/R

Hooty
hooty
US Army Veteran

Post by hooty »

Negative, Ranger Lunch. I'm going to Wayne State which is why I'm waiting on the transfer to the unit closer. I'm going to look more into the prospect of transferring to the NG SF unit in Ohio.
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Welcome to the site.
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."

Return to “Introduction Archive”