Americans Aboard Yacht Captured by Pirates Reportedly Killed

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Re: Americans Aboard Yacht Captured by Pirates Reportedly Ki

Post by C-MAC »

Old Grunt wrote:I'm kind of partial to the idea of leasing a cruise ship or a beat up freighter and arming it to the teeth. Above decks everything looks normal, but all the good shit is kept out of sight. It limps through the pirates area until some skinny decides it's easy pickin's then when the pirates get within range, the hammer drops. Once the bubbles stop floating to the surface, the wolf in sheeps clothing continues course until the next pirate shows up.
I think Tom Clancy or Clive Cussler wrote some novels about this. Regardless, it would give the bad guys something to think about.
Crafty, sly bastard. This idea gets my vote :D
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Many years ago, back when Pastor was in Boot camp, the Governor of Virginia was pissed off that the government wasn't doing shit about the pirates in his area. Specifically some ballsy guy by the name of Edward Teach (had a cool shaving profile). So the Governor hired a Royal Navy captain to go track him down. Even if it meant going out of his jurisdiction and going to that one state that gave protection to pirates ... North Carolina (Pirates brought in cheaper goods).

Royal Navy officer Maynard ran into Blackbeard outside of Ocracoke, and the rest is history.

Sometimes history can be repeated.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

rgrokelley wrote:Many years ago, back when Pastor was in Boot camp, the Governor of Virginia was pissed off that the government wasn't doing shit about the pirates in his area. Specifically some ballsy guy by the name of Edward Teach (had a cool shaving profile). So the Governor hired a Royal Navy captain to go track him down. Even if it meant going out of his jurisdiction and going to that one state that gave protection to pirates ... North Carolina (Pirates brought in cheaper goods).

Royal Navy officer Maynard ran into Blackbeard outside of Ocracoke, and the rest is history.

Holy Mackerel. My only question is how old does that make Pastor? Did he know William Penn? George Washington? Can we get a first hand account of the American Revolution? :roll:
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

C-MAC wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:Many years ago, back when Pastor was in Boot camp, the Governor of Virginia was pissed off that the government wasn't doing shit about the pirates in his area. Specifically some ballsy guy by the name of Edward Teach (had a cool shaving profile). So the Governor hired a Royal Navy captain to go track him down. Even if it meant going out of his jurisdiction and going to that one state that gave protection to pirates ... North Carolina (Pirates brought in cheaper goods).

Holy Mackerel. My only question is how old does that make Pastor? Did he know William Penn? George Washington? Can we get a first hand account of the American Revolution? :roll:
That goes back to when Lefty and I began our Advisor efforts with the Canadian Regiment of the Continental Army.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Jim wrote:
C-MAC wrote:

That goes back to when Lefty and I began our Advisor efforts with the Canadian Regiment of the Continental Army.
And he was a smart-ass back then, too, always trying to get a parchment dispatched to the Continental Congress about the blockheads from Massachusetts trying to tell him how to load his musket. Finally got rid of him when we recommended his appointment as an aide to Gen. Washington. Last we heard he was carrying the General's satchels in the boat across the Delaware.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

And he was a smart-ass back then, too, always trying to get a parchment dispatched to the Continental Congress about the blockheads from Massachusetts trying to tell him how to load his musket. Finally got rid of him when we recommended his appointment as an aide to Gen. Washington. Last we heard he was carrying the General's satchels in the boat across the Delaware.
And all along I thought "The Legend Continues" was a metaphor... It was really a clue, like from the Knights Templar or something. :?
Ranger KW Driver
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

Old Grunt wrote:I'm kind of partial to the idea of leasing a cruise ship or a beat up freighter and arming it to the teeth. Above decks everything looks normal, but all the good shit is kept out of sight. It limps through the pirates area until some skinny decides it's easy pickin's then when the pirates get within range, the hammer drops. Once the bubbles stop floating to the surface, the wolf in sheeps clothing continues course until the next pirate shows up.
I think Tom Clancy or Clive Cussler wrote some novels about this. Regardless, it would give the bad guys something to think about.
Where do I sign up? That sounds like a fucking blast. :D
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

C-MAC wrote:

I heard his name mentioned in Roger's Ranger's roster. Maybe even before that. :shock:
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton

Return to “The News Dump”