Information on Co. F 147 Inf. 37 Div. during W.W.I.

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Information on Co. F 147 Inf. 37 Div. during W.W.I.

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

I wasn't sure where else to put this so I figured this was my best bet. My dad asked me to find information on my Great grandfathers WWI unit. I have searched but with little results and don't know where else to go, and was hoping someone on here had a site or something I have been unable to locate. All I know is that my Great grandfather volunteered from his previous unit in Ohio to go overseas where he joined Co. F 147 Inf. 37 Div.

Also something I learned that I found kind of ironic is that my Great grandfather was shot during the war, however the bullet hit his metal medkit he had in his chest pocket and he was uninjured, and my uncle still has that medkit.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Ball peen, I caught some references off of a google search. Try that.
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Thank you for your help Ranger BadMuther, however I didn't find much. I think the closest I found was a casualty list for a similar unit, but I believe it was Co. E.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
Who Do?
Tadpole

Post by Who Do? »

http://www.normandyallies.org/dbase-infantry.htm

37th Division Veterans Association
Secretary
65 S. Front Street, Room 432
Columbus, OH 43215
(37th Division Veterans News)
(614) 228-3788

Might want to give them a shot. URL says normandy allies, but theres alot of WWI and WWII divisions on there.
Ranger Bell wrote:You fellas are men, or soon to be. Act like it. Ya want something, get it. She's cute? Take her. hahahahahhaa

Return to “The Mosh Pit”