Five Reasons Against Global Warming

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
MarineRanger
Ranger

Re: Five Reasons Against Global Warming

Post by MarineRanger »

Tadpole, I skimmed your pewresearch poll article, so I may have missed it, but it did not mention the type of scientists polled, or provide a link to the actual list of names and specialties. I did discover this from your article ...

"There also is common ground between the public and scientists regarding the pivotal role of government in funding scientific research. Government institutions and agencies are the dominant funders of research, according to scientists: 84% list a government entity as an important source of funding for their specialty"

84% get government dollars, that's almost the exact percent you cited. Coincidence?

No, the debate is not over between you and me. Point taken. I only ask that you look at the fossilized pine needle study data, so that you may properly refute it.

For me personally, I studied the data BEFORE i read the talking points as I wanted to approach the issue with an open mind. Being a hardcore environmentalist, I was very unhappy to find the whole thing was a giant lie.

I see that others here have researched the data too, including Maunder and Dalton Minimums, medieval warm period, milankovitch cycles, and Ice Age frequency.

Most Americans can understand the science. They are just too lazy to research it. If you have logic, can read a graph chart, understand math, and google the meaning of words, you can understand climate science.

Its not rocket science, though they try to bedazzle the public with forced radiation calculations that are based on insufficient data, and false claims of a complete understanding of climate dynamics.

I've studied the peer review process, and what I've read agrees with the other Ranger's personal experience. And, I will reemphasize that climatologists have such a small pool of peers, that they all know each other.

BTW, by citing a "poll", you are citing a "democratic vote" ... not science. Yet, you informed me that science is not a democracy. How do you rationalize using an "opinion" poll of scientists on the gov't payroll, as your best evidence for AGW? Imagine if I cited a poll of scientists on Exxon's payroll.
Last edited by MarineRanger on February 3rd, 2011, 6:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.
USMC 77-81
STA 2/9 3rd
Fox 2/9 3rd
RS 8-80 (5-4)
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Doofus,

PM Inbound
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
MarineRanger
Ranger

Post by MarineRanger »

Take your time, Tadpole.

The only thing you should be worrying about right now is passing your classes.

Personally, I've invested probably a couple hundred hours in study and discussion on the topic of AGW. You got a lot of catching up to do if you expect to be able to debate it with the big dogs.

BTW, P.H.D stands for Piled High and Deep. And generally speaking, you will never meet such an arrogant, know-nothing, narrow-minded bunch of people. No offense to those that have PHD's. I know there are some exceptions.

My experience is that if you hire a Lawyer, a Doctor, a Contractor, a Priest or whatever kind of professional ... unless they are personal friends of your's, they can not be fully trusted and do require personal supervision. Never trust anyone based on their "title" or "label", you will only set yourself up for disappointment.

Not the best example but, my endodontologist PHD and an excellent practitioner, insisted nothing was wrong with my tooth. He did all the xrays and I had no reaction to all the hot, cold and banging on the tooth, pain tests. He said I did not need a root canal. I told him he was wrong and to go ahead and perform a root canal on me. He obliged, and told me I was right. He discovered the root was dead and rotted, and ready to explode into infection.

And don't believe propaganda films made by politicians.
USMC 77-81
STA 2/9 3rd
Fox 2/9 3rd
RS 8-80 (5-4)
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Al Gores says cold and snow is man made Global Warming ......

If the planet is warming, why is a third of America locked in a deep freeze, with record-low temperatures as far south as the Mexican border, where the thermometer in Ciudad Juarez plummeted Wednesday night to a bone-chilling 9-below zero?

Self-proclaimed planetary climate czar Al Gore thinks he has answer.

"As it turns out, the scientific community has been addressing this particular question for some time now, and they say increased heavy snowfalls are completely consistent with what they have been predicting as a consequence of man-made global warming," Gore write in a blog post. The Nobel Prize-winning former vice president was responding to a question posed by Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly, who wondered on air why global warming was such an urgent science policy priority when the New York City area had become a “tundra” this winter.

Gore also indicated that he believes a rise in global temperatures is creating “all sorts of havoc,” from hotter dry spells to colder winters and ever more violent storms. This is even endangering certain species of animals and leading to forest fires and floods.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/02/ ... z1CwI59fbs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

.....so colder and wetter is man-made global warming and hotter and dryer is too. I get it now :roll:
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
MarineRanger
Ranger

Post by MarineRanger »

Yep, you can't disprove Al's global warming because no matter what the weather does, Al says it proves he's right. That is NOT science by any definition.

The EPA recently got the SCOTUS to declare CO2 a poison ... and quietly, last month, they reversed their decision on saccharin, now claiming it is not hazardous to your health. The EPA has lost all credibility. Combined with Al Gore's hoax, they are ruining the environmental movement. Meanwhile, the oceans are being raped, and shark finning continues ... while liberals stare at the sky.

Then there's this ...

Climategate U-turn as scientist at centre of row admits: There has been no global warming since 1995

By Jonathan Petre
Last updated at 5:12 PM on 14th February 2010
* Data for vital 'hockey stick graph' has gone missing
* There has been no global warming since 1995
* Warming periods have happened before - but NOT due to man-made changes

Professor Phil Jones

"Data: Professor Phil Jones admitted his record keeping is 'not as good as it should be'

The academic at the centre of the ‘Climategate’ affair, whose raw data is crucial to the theory of climate change, has admitted that he has trouble ‘keeping track’ of the information.

Colleagues say that the reason Professor Phil Jones has refused Freedom of Information requests is that he may have actually lost the relevant papers.

Professor Jones told the BBC yesterday there was truth in the observations of colleagues that he lacked organisational skills, that his office was swamped with piles of paper and that his record keeping is ‘not as good as it should be’.

The data is crucial to the famous ‘hockey stick graph’ used by climate change advocates to support the theory.

Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon.

And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no ‘statistically significant’ warming."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1Cx1B8J48" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

USMC 77-81
STA 2/9 3rd
Fox 2/9 3rd
RS 8-80 (5-4)
MarineRanger
Ranger

Post by MarineRanger »

A lot of folks get misled on global warming because they don't have context information.

Complex life forms have existed for about 600 million years. This is known as the Phanerozoic era. The graph shows that the normal temp for the Earth is about 10 degrees higher at 22C. The right side of the graph is 'now', the coldest the Earth has been in nearly 300 million years.

If you can not see the whole chart, you need to 'zoom out'.

It is estimated that we have had 20 ice age cycles in the last 2 million years. To give perspective and context, here is the last 400k. Generally, ice ages last 90k years with 10k year interglacial warm periods separating them. We are currently 10k years into an interglacial period.

USMC 77-81
STA 2/9 3rd
Fox 2/9 3rd
RS 8-80 (5-4)
MarineRanger
Ranger

Post by MarineRanger »

Tadpole, I know all about the liberal brain washing you kids are subjected to in the educational system, especially college. The truth is that only 27-30% of the general population are leftwingers, tho I'm sure you wouldn't believe it from looking at your campus.

No apologies necessary, I'm just sorry to lose a debating adversary ;)

Good luck with your classes.

If you want to investigate AGW further, junkscience.com will give you a good look at the opposing science. I've vetted the site, and have not been able to catch them in a lie.

I had the Vostok and Phanerozoic charts vetted by two pro AGW scientists as being valid, indisputable, and acceptable evidence in a debate.

And we haven't even talked about the DDT hoax, but that's another subject :twisted:
"actual" science fields
If someone wants to be a 'scientist', but they're a bit of a moron, then meteorology is the field of choice. Like meteorology, climate science can not predict very well. Way too many unknowns. Way too long a time scale.
USMC 77-81
STA 2/9 3rd
Fox 2/9 3rd
RS 8-80 (5-4)

Return to “The News Dump”