does ranking count?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Re: does ranking count?

Post by rgrokelley »

Way back in the Jurassic age, before MILES training, before Reagan was King, we did Scopes training. The equipment consisted of a Vietnam era flak jacket, riot control facemask that clipped onto the steel pot, and a lever action BB gun. Since the legs and arms were the only exposed part of the body, we always aimed for them. The other part of Scopes training was wearing a camoflauge cover with a number on it, and the enemy used a scoped rifle to yell out your number. If he saw you, you were dead. This was used on the EIB course to determine if you knew how to move under fire properly.

Some of ya'll may remember when you would take off the blank adaptor, shove an M16 round down the barrel and launch them at the attacking enemy.

Good times... good times.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

I suspect that I was had. Which one of you NLC clowns set this thread up? :oops: :lol:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

mortar_guy78 wrote:We used to get the full auto airsoft guns, wear Bolle goggles and balaclavas and run down the hall spraying BBs everywhere. Sometimes we used ironing boards as sheilds.

Then we made the Privates pick up all the BBs. Great fun.

Yeah and then this fucking asshat shot up the dayroom TV and busted the screen. And they had a health and welfare and everyone with one of those airsoft guns was offered an article 15 or the chance to pay for the screen after a few days that shit monkey finally confessed.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

rgrokelley wrote:
Some of ya'll may remember when you would take off the blank adaptor, shove an M16 round down the barrel and launch them at the attacking enemy.

Yeah, I am pretty sure you're freakin insane. Good thing you are on our side.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

does ranking count?

Post by KW Driver »

C-MAC wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:

Never heard that done in training but star clusters and parachute flares were good at slowing down an attack or for breaking contact
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

KW Driver wrote:
C-MAC wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:

Never heard that done in training but star clusters and parachute flares were good at slowing down an attack or for breaking contact
Used against the monkeys (enemy) during jungle warfare training in Panama.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
roadtheshortbus
Ranger

Post by roadtheshortbus »

Quote: Some of ya'll may remember when you would take off the blank adaptor, shove an M16 round down the barrel and launch them at the attacking enemy.

This method also deters racoons, at Camp Atterbury, from stealing MREs from your ruck. For night time you need a red lens flashlight and a fruit cake at the end of the barrel.
RLTW

"If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room" - Ranger Cams

B Co. 2/75 84-86 RS 1-86
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

does ranking count?

Post by KW Driver »

Buzz wrote:
KW Driver wrote:
C-MAC wrote: Yeah, I am pretty sure you're freakin insane. Good thing you are on our side.
Used against the monkeys (enemy) during jungle warfare training in Panama.
Cleaning rod sections w blanks is what we used.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

roadtheshortbus wrote:This method also deters racoons, at Camp Atterbury, from stealing MREs from your ruck. For night time you need a red lens flashlight and a fruit cake at the end of the barrel.
KW Driver wrote:Cleaning rod sections w blanks is what we used.
Whatever works on the little fuckers. :twisted:
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

KW Driver wrote:
C-MAC wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:

Reminds me of the Engineer wars, when I first got to the 82nd Airborne (Carter administration). The 2/325 barracks was right across from the Engineer barracks. At least once a month the wars would erupt, usually on a Friday or Saturday night. No one knows what started it, but it was usually from some discovered patrol in the no-man's land between the barracks. What ensued was star cluster broadsides from the two ships (barracks). I remember seeing the star clusters bounce off the walls, and every now and then race into a room and make the whole place glow red or green.

Good times..

(actually I think it all started because we stole their rock in front of their building)
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85

Return to “The Mosh Pit”