does ranking count?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

2lt_jake
Egg

does ranking count?

Post by 2lt_jake »

in order to command the 75th into a mission do you need to be a officer or a high ranking enlisted. Im going into ROTC and im intrested in the 75th Rangers Regiment and commanding them is somthing i think i could do but i was wondering if there was a certain rank you needed to be?
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Re: does ranking count?

Post by Slowpoke »

Please post an introduction in the proper forum. It's site SOP and just good manners.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

No, it's pretty much like Airsoft. If you buy the coolest stuff, you own the playground.
I'm pretty sure that if you do real good in JROTC, they'll let you lead the Regiment on a raid.

:roll:

(If you're 14 or younger, I apologize for my tone. If you're older, you need to stay in school. Maybe repeat a grade or two)
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

K.Ingraham wrote:No, it's pretty much like Airsoft. If you buy the coolest stuff, you own the playground.
I'm pretty sure that if you do real good in JROTC, they'll let you lead the Regiment on a raid.

(If you're 14 or younger, I apologize for my tone. If you're older, you need to stay in school. Maybe repeat a grade or two)
Crap. Is it too late for me to figure out WTH Airsoft is all about? :?
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

C-MAC wrote:
K.Ingraham wrote:No, it's pretty much like Airsoft. If you buy the coolest stuff, you own the playground.

Ever shoot your friends/brothers/cat/or anything else with a BB gun? It's pretty much the same thing but with 'tacticool' costumes and fully automatic BB guns that look just like the real thing.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Yeah,

It does count. Like in your screen name.

You're not a 2Lt anything yet. Choose another screen name once you post your intro and request a name change.

Read the first paragraph: http://forum.armyranger.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

GoldCoast wrote:
C-MAC wrote:

Ever shoot your friends/brothers/cat/or anything else with a BB gun? It's pretty much the same thing but with 'tacticool' costumes and fully automatic BB guns that look just like the real thing.
OOOO. Now I get.

You mean like back in the day when we would play tag in the woods with BB guns? Rules were 5 pumps only (yeah-right), t-shirt only, at least 20 yards, shoot from shoulder to waist (again, yeah-right).

They made whole industry out of that? Damn- I could have been a millionaire. More proof it's all about the execution...
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

GoldCoast wrote:
C-MAC wrote: Crap. Is it too late for me to figure out WTH Airsoft is all about? :?
Worse than that... Airsoft uses 7mm plastic BBs (hence the "soft") rather than .177" copper... no chance of skin penetration with those Airsoft "guns", crap for range, too. About the only thing they are good for is scaring off the neighbor's cat without leaving any evidence.
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

Lunch wrote:
C-MAC wrote:OOOO. Now I get.

You mean like back in the day when we would play tag in the woods with BB guns? Rules were 5 pumps only (yeah-right), t-shirt only, at least 20 yards, shoot from shoulder to waist (again, yeah-right).

They made whole industry out of that? Damn- I could have been a millionaire. More proof it's all about the execution...
Ah, yes- those were good times; or at least until I left my best friend with a metal pimple right between his eyebrowes...thought for sure I put out one of his eyes. But it was a hell of a good shot.
Yeah I bet it was a "hell of a good shot". If it was anything like our games, that was where you meant the shot to go.

Truth be told, that is how I learned to time my shots at things running through the woods. There was no worse feeling than missing, fully knowing that reloading your bb gun was probably going to cost you a shot in the chest. :oops: A few of those shots and you learn how to knock an ant off a deers ass at 20 meters with one bb.
Ranger KW Driver
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

CloakAndDagger wrote:
GoldCoast wrote:
C-MAC wrote: Crap. Is it too late for me to figure out WTH Airsoft is all about? :?

Worse than that... Airsoft uses 7mm plastic BBs (hence the "soft") rather than .177" copper... no chance of skin penetration with those Airsoft "guns", crap for range, too. About the only thing they are good for is scaring off the neighbor's cat without leaving any evidence.
Geez. That all sounds fairly pointless except for maybe the neighbors cat part. The .177 break barrel I bought pretty consistently takes out rodents in one shot. My guess is it would permanently "scare off" the neighbors cat :roll:
Ranger KW Driver
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

We used to get the full auto airsoft guns, wear Bolle goggles and balaclavas and run down the hall spraying BBs everywhere. Sometimes we used ironing boards as sheilds.

Then we made the Privates pick up all the BBs. Great fun.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
Grifter
Ranger

Post by Grifter »

mortar_guy78 wrote:We used to get the full auto airsoft guns, wear Bolle goggles and balaclavas and run down the hall spraying BBs everywhere. Sometimes we used ironing boards as sheilds.

Then we made the Privates pick up all the BBs. Great fun.
Nothing like a CQB stack in the bathroom outside a young drunk Rangers room early in the morning.

Ensueing chaos...yippie
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Black to Tan Change-over Ranger
MI Glenn English Base of USARA
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Lunch wrote:Meanwhile, the crickets chirped softly in the background as the gentle breeze blew clouds of dust and tumbleweed silently down the deserted street. Jake, you still here? What were we talking about again?
Methinks "Jake" realized he/she stumbled on a real Ranger site, not airsoft and popped a soft-smoke or something.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “The Mosh Pit”