Introductions- Michael

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Back211
Future Soldier

Introductions- Michael

Post by Back211 »

Hi my name is Michael Im 19, but people call me Back. Immigrated here from Germany with the family. Went to Catholic school and swam in national level. After the reccesion hit the family i decided to take college payments off the shoulder of my parents and got a job. I went to two years in a Community College and sought other options. The military instantly grabbed my attention. I choose the military and ever since then rangers have been a dream, motivation, and a goal.
I enlisted and ship date was 20110124, an 11x with option 4. However playing football with DEPs during future soldier training i fractured my hand and had surgery a week ago, 20 days before I was supposed to ship. This injury is supposed to take 6 weeks for recovery.

I am supposed to get some forms send them in and once Im cleared, go to MEPS and get a new ship date and all but this time wont settle without Opt 40(Thanks to info on this site). A lot of people think this as an unfortunate incident but I just look at it as a second chance to get the right contract and prepare myself even more physically and mentally( landnav,etc.)

If Im going into combat I want to be next to elite.

Thanks for all the advice and information. I look forward to learning and hopefully contribute in the future as a ranger.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introductions- Michael

Post by Steadfast »

Can't call you Back if you are just coming here eh Michael.

Welcome Michael & thanks for stepping up to the plate to be counted.
I've upgraded your title to Future Soldier. If you get OPT 40 I'll upgrade your title to relect that.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Introduction Archive”