This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

iMaGiNe
Embryo

Mario's Introduction

Post by iMaGiNe »

What's up ladies..

My name is Mario, 22, currently serving in the Active Duty Army
I joined the Army in May of 2010 and graduated OSUT @ FT Benning at the end of August. Unfortunately I got my american citizenship too late in OSUT to get a RASP or SF contract so I ended up at Cco, 2-27 INF (wolfhounds), 25th ID @ schofield barracks, hi. I recently completed the Ranger Assessment here as well as the Pre Ranger Program. Unfortunately of the 12 graduates of PRP, there were only 5 Ranger School slots for January, and me being a PFC obviously i am not going lol... so as of now I am waiting to see if I will go in February or March, and we deploy in April so those two months are my last shot for over a year. However This month I got my e-3 as well and I dropped my SF packet to go to selection in February. I learned more about myself and being an infantryman in the last 3 weeks doing the Ranger assessments and programs than I have in everything else i have done thus far in my military career put together. However, my heart is not in being in Ranger Bat, it is in being an SF Operator. I joined this website for its wealth of information and experience and look forward to learning everything i can from you guys
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Mario's Introduction

Post by Slowpoke »

Some fucking leg comes into my house and calls me a lady????? Young hero, you really don't know me well enough to get that familiar. I suggest you use the Forums resources quietly until you get to know us better!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
iMaGiNe
Embryo

Post by iMaGiNe »

No harm intended Ranger... Just hoped to break the ice
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

iMaGiNe wrote:No harm intended Ranger... Just hoped to break the ice
Well.....you were successful!

Welcome!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Welcome Grunt. You'll find out in this upcoming deployment of this 'war' thing is for you.
Meanwhile, learn to be the best soldier that you can be. That works for SF, 75th, or just in being a good professional.
You'll search around the forums here and find some useful tips on fitness and weapons. Meanwhile, you might want to scout around professionalsoldiers.com, that's the SF equivelent to this place. The ROE there are as strict as they are here so remember your place.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

SFAS in February huh? Guess I'll make a phone call.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
sinjefe
Ranger

Post by sinjefe »

The Holmchicken wrote:SFAS in February huh? Guess I'll make a phone call.

He should be careful what he says and who he says it to/around. Taken care of.

Last thing either regiment needs is an arrogant know nothing.
'82-'85 HHC, 1/75
'85-'87 101st Abn Div (AASLT)
'87-'89 9th Inf Div (MTZ)
'89-'02 7th SFG (A)
'02-'06 Advisor, Colombian Counter Narcotics JTF
'06-'08 JFK Special Warfare Center
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Prolly not a good way for a PFC to enter a room. A room full of Senior NCO's, Command Sergeants Major, Officers (Lt's to Colonels) and the rest of us ornery old motherfuckers looking for something to chew on.

If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

U R FUKD

EOM
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
roadtheshortbus
Ranger

Post by roadtheshortbus »

Where is the popcorn button :D :D
RLTW

"If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room" - Ranger Cams

B Co. 2/75 84-86 RS 1-86
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

iMaGiNe wrote:What's up ladies..

My name is Mario, 22, currently serving in the Active Duty Army
I joined the Army in May of 2010 and graduated OSUT @ FT Benning at the end of August. Unfortunately I got my american citizenship too late in OSUT to get a RASP or SF contract so I ended up at Cco, 2-27 INF (wolfhounds), 25th ID @ schofield barracks,
A Wolfpuppy with six months in service and not properly housebroken. A year more of seasoning may help you appreciate what this forum and its members represent. When you step up and get smacked down around here you are being put in your place by those who represent everything you want to pursue and achieve. How well you handle yourself from here on will determine whether or not you succeed.

Thank you for your service, it is much appreciated.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
HakweeRgr
Ranger

Post by HakweeRgr »

Seems you have found the hornets nest. :shock: This site could be a great asset for you IF utilized properly. Thank you for your service. Good luck with your future endeavors I have a feeling your gonna need it.
B Co., 3/75th, '91-'96 "THE" Token
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 93

Mentor to dbh (1/75), FreshMeat(1/75),Mata Leao(2/75)
Zach2011(1/75), Runna22(2/75), Papa84(3/75)
Roster#253
Ranger

Post by Roster#253 »

talk about finding all the mines, wires, and booby traps...guess you really like to make a impression.
RGR Class 8-00
82nd ABN (2nd BCT) 2000-2003 / OIF I
-CO FSO (C/2-325th AIR)
-PL/XO (B/2-319th AFAR)
-RSO (HSB/2-319th AFAR)
-BN FDO (2-319th AFAR)
Vet Center Readjustment Counselor (NJ)
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

al_2ndWolfhounds wrote:
iMaGiNe wrote:A Wolfpuppy with six months in service and not properly housebroken. A year more of seasoning may help you appreciate what this forum and its members represent. When you step up and get smacked down around here you are being put in your place by those who represent everything you want to pursue and achieve. How well you handle yourself from here on will determine whether or not you succeed.

Thank you for your service, it is much appreciated.
Hey Mario, take a look at this Ranger's tagline, if his username isn't obvious enough.
You might notice something you should have already seen. You are in a regiment with a storied and respected history. The weight of men like this one is on your shoulders. You already have something heavy to live up to. Do well on your deployment, then you might have something to offer our community. Meanwhile, the men around you have to be able to look at you and still be proud of that wolf's head you wear on your regimental DUI.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “Introduction Archive”