On orders to 6th RTB

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

BSTolstoy
Egg

On orders to 6th RTB

Post by BSTolstoy »

I am on orders for Eglin AFB. I have found plenty of info online about the PCS move. I have not been able to get a feel for what RTB will be like. I am a E-4 92Y supply clerk. Looking to find out about how housing is on Eglin and is the local community a nice place to live for my family. Have any of you stationed there enjoyed your time there? Any info and advice would be great. Thank you all for your time.
Fort Drum 99-02
Oregon National Guard 02-04
Fort Carson 09-Current
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Re: On orders to 6th RTB

Post by RangerJurena »

Not much of an intro, I suppose that is why no one posted anything. Well, its Thanksgiving time so if your still lurking around, I'll help.

Your a supply clerk going to 6th RTB at Eglin Air Force Base..you have pretty much hit the lotto.

The area is great, the beaches are beautiful, low crime, etc. Living on Eglin is a pretty good haul to Camp Rudder. I would advise against living on camp, when I was there it was like living in a fish bowl, its in the middle of no where and a bit of Peyton Place combined. I was thankful I lived in Ft. Walton proper.

The only thing easier than your assignment would be to be an Instructor at the 6th RTB...or so I heard.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Re: On orders to 6th RTB

Post by BSTolstoy »

RangerJurena-

Thank you for all the info on Eglin. I appritiate you taking the time to write back to me. Sorry my Intro was not better. I am prior service and came back into the army in 2009. I am Currantly stationed at Ft. Carson. Looking forward to moving there and think it will be a great place for my family. Thank you again.

V/R
SPC TOLSTOY
SUPPLY CLERK
1-68 AR 3BCT 4ID
Fort Drum 99-02
Oregon National Guard 02-04
Fort Carson 09-Current

Return to “Introduction Archive”