Really not a joke

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Really not a joke

Post by Ranger Ron »

Monkeys --

Start with a cage containing five monkeys. Inside the cage, hang a banana on a string and place a set of stairs under it. Before long, a monkey will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana.

As soon as he touches the stairs, spray all the other monkeys with cold water. After a while another monkey makes the attempt with same result, all the other monkeys are sprayed with cold water. Pretty soon when another Monkey tries to climb the stairs, the other monkeys will try to prevent it.

Now, put the cold water away. Remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new monkey sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs.

To his shock, all of the other monkeys beat the snot out of him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs he will be assaulted.

Next, remove another of the original five monkeys and replace it with a new one.

The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm.

Likewise, replace a third original monkey with a new one, then a fourth, then the fifth. Every time the newest monkey takes to the stairs he is attacked.

Most of the monkeys that are beating him up have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs OR even why they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey. Finally, after replacing all of the original monkeys, none of the remaining monkeys have ever been sprayed with cold water. Nevertheless, no monkey ever again approaches the stairs to try for the banana.

Why not?

Because as far as they know, that is the way it has always been done around here.

And that, my fellow monkeys, is how Congress operates - And precisely why we need to REPLACE all the original monkeys this November.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
panthersix
Ranger

Re: Really not a joke

Post by panthersix »

Couldn't find it on Snopes, so it must be true!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
merlyn
Tadpole

Post by merlyn »

We did the same experiment in our Abnormal Psych class, but we used members of the football team.
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Brook Army Medical Center

I have slipped the surely bonds of Earth; put out my hand and touched the face of God.

To give less than your best is to sacrafice the gift.
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

merlyn wrote:We did the same experiment in our Abnormal Psych class, but we used members of the football team.
Clearly, football players have abnormal psyches.

Shit, you could apply that anecdote to the fucking army, for that matter.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
merlyn
Tadpole

Post by merlyn »

mortar_guy78 wrote:
merlyn wrote:We did the same experiment in our Abnormal Psych class, but we used members of the football team.

Yeah, I lived in the jock dorm with those knuckle draggers. Actually, they were a group of staight up dudes. We won 3 consecutive bowl games
and something like 37 (?) consecutive games, before our first loss. WE had a few all coference, all american and pro players in that group.
As far as the Army is concerned, well said. You have a good one, Ranger mortar_guy78. Say, aren't you the one who blows the shit out of
everything? :shock:
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH

I have slipped the surely bonds of Earth; put out my hand and touched the face of God.

mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

merlyn wrote:
mortar_guy78 wrote:

Yeah, I lived in the jock dorm with those knuckle draggers. Actually, they were a group of staight up dudes. We won 3 consecutive bowl games
and something like 37 (?) consecutive games, before our first loss. WE had a few all coference, all american and pro players in that group.
As far as the Army is concerned, well said. You have a good one, Ranger mortar_guy78. Say, aren't you the one who blows the shit out of
everything? :shock:
As has been often observed before, there are few problems which cannot be solved with the high explosives. And a little white phosphorus. :twisted:
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
merlyn
Tadpole

Post by merlyn »

JLTW!!! wrote:
mortar_guy78 wrote:As has been often observed before, there are few problems which cannot be solved with the high explosives. And a little white phosphorus. :twisted:

P for Plenty, anyone?

I've heard this anecdote before, but as it pertained the Army. You know the whole, "Why the fuck are we doing this?" "Because its always been done that way in the Army!"
The Army? It is what it is....as Ranger JLTW has written. If it is written, then it is so. As for the problem solving, Ranger mortar_guy78 has
the best solution. However, in civilian life this a bit more difficult to do without drawing too much negative attention to one's self. I think I
will stay with the mind- controlled explosions....I"m getting pretty good with the neighborhood cats. Also, much lower profile. Take care.
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

The American Medical Association has weighed in on the new Obama health care proposals.

The Allergists voted to scratch it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves. The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.

The Obstetricians felt they were all laboring under a misconception. Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted. Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!" while the Pediatricians said, "Oh, Grow up!"

The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it. Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing. The Internists thought it was a bitter pill to swallow, and the Plastic Surgeons said, "This puts a whole new face on the matter...."

The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea. The Anesthesiologists thought it was a gas, and the Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.

In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the assholes in Washington
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Jim!!!! Most Excellent! :lol:
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Jim wrote:Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens.
That goes into my Top 10 classic quotes.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Condom History

In 1872 the Arabs invented the condom, using a goat's lower intestine.

In 1873 the British somewhat refined the idea by taking the intestine out of the goat first.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”