When Addressing a Ranger

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

johnerl91
Future Soldier

When Addressing a Ranger

Post by johnerl91 »

Maybe someone could square me off about this quick question. When addressing a Ranger I know to include the title, they've earned it. My question though is if a Ranger (such as RangerX or Ranger Bill) has the title in their name is it poor etiquette to call them RangerX rather than Ranger RangerX?
Edge
Ranger

Re: When Addressing a Ranger

Post by Edge »

If Ranger is already in the username you don't have to say it twice.
"Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be here,80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make. Ah, but the ONE, ONE of them is a WARRIOR,and he will bring the others back."-Heraclitus 500 BC

Mentee to Ranger Invictus
B Co 3/75
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: When Addressing a Ranger

Post by cams »

Edgerusher71 wrote:If Ranger is already in the username you don't have to say it twice.
The tadpole is correct. This is not done to feed our ego's, it is to help you prepare and learn some military courtesy thus giving you a headstart on others heading into OSUT. Although you will not address your cadre as Ranger this or Ranger that, you will need to closely observe the rank of each individual that addresses you, so that you can reply accordingly and respectfully to their rank.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “The Mosh Pit”