ATI GSG 5 SD

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Grifter
Ranger

ATI GSG 5 SD

Post by Grifter »

For those unfamiliar ..its a 22lr loose version of a HK MP5

Picked one up today on super sale at the local sporting goods store..

I had read a write up in shotgun news about these being fun little firearms a while back..got me interested cuz its a 22lr (cheap) semi auto magazine fed weapons system..just sounds fun to shoot. Either way happened to be watching the ads and the store had a sunday monday doorbuster price on em.. either way I have been floating around on Ar.15 today and they have a subforum dedicated to these things..i am reading a bunch of stuff there and it appears that guys are buying airsoft stuff and modding these weapons on the cheap that way..kinda odd..

Either way figured I'd see if anyone around here has been playing with one of these and how they liked em..if you did mod it what did you do?

aw hell heres a quick midnight pic of the one i got
Last edited by Grifter on September 17th, 2010, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Black to Tan Change-over Ranger
MI Glenn English Base of USARA
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Re: ATI GSG 5 SD

Post by CatFish Driver »

I'm willing to be that the cat/squirrel/raccoon/yippy dog population in your neighborhood is going to decline rather rapidly for some unrelated reason.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
Grifter
Ranger

Post by Grifter »

For sure. my short research has shown that there is a contingent of shooters out there who SBRed and gemtech suppressed these weapons. end result the 400 dolloars worth of ATF/ NFA tax stamps will cost me more then the dang rifle..but I would be able to shoot it in my condo complex basement without the nieghbors hearing...heheheheh

we also have a growing loose cat pop. over on my old mans side of town..more often then not they get in midnight fights in his backyard.. we really need to invest in a cat hating dog to run them off..but he doesnt wanna clean up the mess so a supressed 22..might be the trick..there'll be alot of people looking for their missing cats..hehehehe
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Subsonic .22 LRs , although not noiseless, lack the sonic 'crack" associated with gun fire. People inside their domiciles will probably not pay much attention.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Flesh Thorn wrote:Subsonic .22 LRs , although not noiseless, lack the sonic 'crack" associated with gun fire. People inside their domiciles will probably not pay much attention.
Single shot bolt actions with subsonic ammo work the best....for silent but cat deadly ops....so I've been told....I like pussy myself.
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Maggot275
Ranger

Post by Maggot275 »

Grif,
I've got one also, put about 1,500 rnds through it already. It's a fun little plinker... now to get it really suppressed...hmmmm.
Attack CO 2/75 01/94-12/98
Ranger Class 08-95

I then asked the Lord: "Why was there only one set of footprints?"
He answered: "The terrain was beginning to constrict and our hit time was coming close. So I put us in a Ranger file."

VII
XXII
MMV
Grifter
Ranger

Post by Grifter »

Yup had mine a few weeks now and still havent made it to the damn range. This weekends looking crappy from a weather point of view. That should keep the crowds down at the state range. I am also interested in getting mine super silent, but I really dont feel the need. If I am gonna spend the coin, the AR will get suppressed first.

Speaking of these, have you looked into that collapsable stock and or added a picatinny rail to the top with a red dot gun site of some sort? been looking into these as they appear to be cheap effective conversions.
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01

Return to “Weapons of War”