The Wheel of Karma has turned!

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Re: The Wheel of Karma has turned!

Post by Ranger Ron »

Now, such great news is a fine way to begin a Saturday. Congratulations My Friend!!!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

I love getting these. My favorites are the ones claiming to be from the FBI.

Have you seen this page?

http://www.419eater.com/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check out the trophy room.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Old Grunt,

There actually is a way you can make a substantial amount of money off of this. Did it myself back in highschool. Send him a few hundred at first to wet his appitiete and leave a subtle hint or two that you have more to offer, sure enough the greedy lil' bastard will come back for more. Take a week or so to let the anticipation build, just when he's thinking he'll never hear from you again shoot him an e-mail tellin'em you sent a considerable amount of cash (no less tham 20g's, but no more than 40 or 50gs) that got held up in customs(I used tax audit but these days funding terrorism will probably sell better). You think you can bribe the the customs officer into releasing it but every last penny you have is being held up there and you need X amount of money to get the gravey train moving ( I went with 5 grand)

Now I know your thinking "theres no way the fucker is stupid enough to fall for his own trick" but it works, their just to goddamned greedy for their own good.

Be sure to use an alternate bank account set up for this exact reason or any savings you have will be gone by the time you finish your mornin coffee.

good luck :wink:
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

NeverSayDie wrote:Old Grunt,

There actually is a way you can make a substantial amount of money off of this. Did it myself back in highschool. Send him a few hundred at first to wet his appitiete and leave a subtle hint or two that you have more to offer, sure enough the greedy lil' bastard will come back for more. Take a week or so to let the anticipation build, just when he's thinking he'll never hear from you again shoot him an e-mail tellin'em you sent a considerable amount of cash (no less tham 20g's, but no more than 40 or 50gs) that got held up in customs(I used tax audit but these days funding terrorism will probably sell better). You think you can bribe the the customs officer into releasing it but every last penny you have is being held up there and you need X amount of money to get the gravey train moving ( I went with 5 grand)

Now I know your thinking "theres no way the fucker is stupid enough to fall for his own trick" but it works, their just to goddamned greedy for their own good.

Be sure to use an alternate bank account set up for this exact reason or any savings you have will be gone by the time you finish your mornin coffee.

good luck :wink:
:? :roll:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Dan B 3/75
Ranger

Post by Dan B 3/75 »

Yea...

Right.

Good luck with that.
abnhawk
Ranger

Post by abnhawk »

NeverSayDie wrote:There actually is a way you can make a substantial amount of money off of this. Did it myself back in highschool.
As a former White Collar Crimes Investigator, who has arrested several Nigerians, I'll tell you that if you made money off of them you were extrememly lucky. The people that send out these emails usually work for companies that have no purpose other than to defraud Americans out of money. They've been doing it for a long time, and are generally very much smarter at these games than any of us.

The emails are always good for a laugh though, and X's link is full of goodness :mrgreen:
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

I take those reports so many times a year it's unbearable. The latest was from Kingstown (-ton?) Jamaica, and the victim was an 80+ year old woman. Scammed her for about 10g's before she got wise.

As for Mr. Scam the Scammer up there, while I love to see them get their just desserts.... the thought of criminally screwing them is still criminal. Just so he's aware.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

IEDmagnet wrote: As for Mr. Scam the Scammer up there, while I love to see them get their just desserts.... the thought of criminally screwing them is still criminal. Just so he's aware.
Hmm... This was back in 06, I was counting on that even if whatever 3rd world hellhole the OP was based in had crimes against it, they wouldnt have an operational extradition agreement with us. However from your post I'm deducing that you mean theres a U.S. law against it. Can you name the specific law? I need to check if the statute of limitations has ran out...

IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Lets just say a could name a couple just from my state, including Obtaining Goods under False Pretense, Financial Transaction Fraud...etc etc.

But the bigger issue here isn't a statute of limitations. I'm slightly spent, so I am still hoping your just pulling for a laugh.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98

NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

IEDmagnet wrote:Lets just say a could name a couple just from my state, including Obtaining Goods under False Pretense, Financial Transaction Fraud...etc etc.

But the bigger issue here isn't a statute of limitations. I'm slightly spent, so I am still hoping your just pulling for a laugh.

IEDMagnet,

you see this is exactly the same trouble I have when reading your's and Old Grunts posts, I can never tell when you two are joking or being serious... sure you guys aint related? :D

(pushing)

IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

NeverSayDie wrote:IEDMagnet,

you see this is exactly the same trouble I have when reading your's and Old Grunts posts, I can never tell when you two are joking or being serious... sure you guys aint related? :D

(pushing)
Well...to answer that question plainly, if Old Grunt and the other vets (Rangers and Servicemembers alike), would support this one. I consider ever single one of these guys my brothers. So...in a sense yes.

But not by blood. Now roll over and do FLUTTERKICKS!!!!! :mrgreen:
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98

Return to “The Mosh Pit”