Bouncing Tips?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RangerX
Ranger

Re: Bouncing Tips?

Post by RangerX »

Lunch wrote:
RangerX wrote:I worked a club in Midtown Atlanta during the Olympics. It was a very interesting experience. A few things from my experience:
On the night I turned 21, I was taken in as "a little buddy" by a group of bouncers in Atlanta- from what I recall, they worked Cheeta III, the Crystal Palace, and some other places I no longer recall. The smallest guy was about 6'4" and I'm guessing around 250; the identical twins- who incidentally were trying to get in to the WWF- were closer to 6'6 280 or so, then there was this other big MF. They kept me out of ALOT of trouble, even when I didn't know I was about to get into it. Used to piss me off when they would step in and sit me down when I wanted to scrap with dudes I knew I could take...guess knowing who's who (ie who will shoot you without blinking) is a good thing to know. Time frame was '89ish... These dudes sound like anyone you knew?
Not off the top of my head, but you just described about 2/3 of the bouncers in Atlanta, other than the twins thing. Were they black by any chance? I was one of a very small number of white bouncers in Atlanta. The club I worked, Kaya, had 8 security staff & I was the only white guy.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

I'm going to go pretty much go against what everybody else said, and tell you to go find another job.

Seriously, if you have an enlistment contract coming up and you're worried about screwing the pooch with legal matters, A/B charges, etc, you're really playing with fire here.

1) You're young and you're going to be the "authority" figure around a bunch of other young idiots, except they'll be drunk. They may respect an older dude at the door, or even hesitate with fucking with him simply because they're young and dumb and they equate that age difference with 'fear of the unknown' or a parent type figure.

2) There'll be lots of young girls there whose first experience in a bar will be seeing you, they may think you're the cat's meow because they don't know shit either, and while you're trying to impress them by telling them you're joining the Army and your ego is growing by the minute from all the attention, some jackass will get in your face while you're trying to work this young girl and attitudes will flare.

3) I can 99.999% guarantee that when challenged, and you will be, often, it will become physical. Bouncer or not, employee or not, once you put your hands on someone it's assault and battery and you'll be tied up in court instead of leaving for OSUT.

4) Police do not like bouncers either, for the most part they are thought of as simpletons and goons with a GED that sell/buy 'roids at the gym and spend their paychecks at the stripclubs trying to get laid. Do not think that you are covered because you're in an authoritative position, they do not like you and will arrest you just as quick as they arrest the idiot that started the fight.

The police know that you have no training whatsoever in dealing with people, drunk or sober, and will relate you as part of the problem.

I'm not being harsh or trying to ruin your fun bud, I'm telling you straight out as a cop, for a young man with an enlistment coming up, you need to seek employment elsewhere.
Last edited by cams on August 6th, 2010, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

NSD Bouncer-wannabe: Read & heed my sigline.

You have been given sage advice here - it is up to you to decide what you will do.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"

Return to “The Mosh Pit”