Introduction - Cole

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Hendrix
Egg

Introduction - Cole

Post by Hendrix »

Hello,

I am a 16-year-old high school student, a member of the class of 2012. I have always wanted to join the military, and have recently realized that the Rangers seem to be what I'm looking for. I am not your typical teenager by any means; I hate video games. I run, lift, and box on a daily basis. I actually enjoy school and reading. I maintain a 3.9 GPA, and currently run a 300 APFT. When the time comes closer, I will speak more with my recruiter, and work to obtain an 11x/Opt. 40 contract. Right now I will be posting very little, and reading as much as I can. I thank all Rangers and other members of this site for the wealth of information already posted on these boards. Not only does it help me train, it also motivates me like nothing else.

-Cole
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Cole

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome and thank you for your interest in serving.

We would be interested in your actual performance on the APFT, please list actual scores. Why have you always wanted to serve in the military?
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Hendrix.

I've sent you a ROE PM.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Hendrix
Egg

Post by Hendrix »

Ranger al_2ndWolfhounds,

My APFT scores are as follows...

2 Mile Run - 12:33
Sit-Ups - 88
Push-Ups - 104

Also, the reasons for my desire to join the military has stemmed from my family history. Most men in my family have served our country, save for my father. My grandfather is a retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel, and has been the greatest influence in my upbringing. Ever since I was little, whenever we would go to the commissary or the BX, we would always go look at the planes they had on display. I have been raised to always fly an American flag on my doorstep, and to love my country. I believe it is my duty to serve.

My particular interest in becoming a Ranger is that while I know that all jobs within the military are of great importance, everything from supply to the infantry, I feel that I want to be on the front lines. I have no disillusions about what combat is like. I know war is a bloody, but necessary evil. But it comes down to the simple fact that I want to serve my country honorably, and this is why I hope to someday make it into the 75th Ranger Regiment. When I do things, I never strive to meet the standard. I always do my best to exceed the standard, and I believe that the journey to becoming a Ranger is a true test of this.
Hendrix
Egg

Post by Hendrix »

Ranger al_2ndWolfhounds,

My APFT scores are as follows...

2 Mile Run - 12:33
Sit-Ups - 88
Push-Ups - 104

Also, the reasons for my desire to join the military has stemmed from my family history. Most men in my family have served our country, save for my father. My grandfather is a retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel, and has been the greatest influence in my upbringing. Ever since I was little, whenever we would go to the commissary or the BX, we would always go look at the planes they had on display. I have been raised to always fly an American flag on my doorstep, and to love my country. I believe it is my duty to serve.

My particular interest in becoming a Ranger is that while I know that all jobs within the military are of great importance, everything from supply to the infantry, I feel that I want to be on the front lines. I have no disillusions about what combat is like. I know war is a bloody, but necessary evil. But it comes down to the simple fact that I want to serve my country honorably, and this is why I hope to someday make it into the 75th Ranger Regiment. When I do things, I never strive to meet the standard. I always do my best to exceed the standard, and I believe that the journey to becoming a Ranger is a true test of this.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. Thanks for your desire to serve our great country!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and good luck to you in achieving your goals, with "luck" meaning preparedness meeting opportunity. Get prepared, get the opportunity, and make your own good luck happen.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Introduction Archive”